Music production pc

Go to solution Solved by NinJake,

Just get 32gb or more RAM and a 500gb-1tb SSD (save your DAW and VST's here), then depending where you save your files you might want a large 1tb+ HDD for saving your music to. You don't really need a graphics card but you could always get something like a 2060 to have dedicated graphics. (Might be useful depending on what resolution your monitor is or will be.. or multiple monitors)

Also make sure you get another processor cooling solution because the stock heatsink that comes with the i7-8700 is not that great. Even a 212 evo will provide better cooling for minimal cost.

I am a music producer and I want to build a desktop pc for my future use ..

Help me to buy best components I am using focusrite clarett 2i2 audio interface which have a thunderbolt type -c connectivity . I heard about gigabyte thunderbolt add in card (Gigabyte Gc alpine ridge) for desktop pc

My budget is around 1300 $

This is my list 

Processor -  Intel i7 8700  

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus z370 ultra gaming

Thunderbolt card - gigabyte Gc alpine Ridge

Help me to choose other components...

Just get 32gb or more RAM and a 500gb-1tb SSD (save your DAW and VST's here), then depending where you save your files you might want a large 1tb+ HDD for saving your music to. You don't really need a graphics card but you could always get something like a 2060 to have dedicated graphics. (Might be useful depending on what resolution your monitor is or will be.. or multiple monitors)

Also make sure you get another processor cooling solution because the stock heatsink that comes with the i7-8700 is not that great. Even a 212 evo will provide better cooling for minimal cost.

7 minutes ago, Viz said:

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus z370 ultra gaming

why not a z390?

any preferences on the rest?

7 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Thanks buddy

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

why not a z390?

Thanks

Bro

10 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Even a 212 evo

then i would rather get a 212 black... Evo isn't the sweetspot anymore

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

why not a z390?