Searching for additional HDD Cages/SSD mounting brackets for Thermaltake Tower 900

TheLadyJay

I have a friend in the same predicament. He has been having this case for a year or two and runs his unRaid box out of it. Has plenty of room but no mounting options. Since ThermalTake has failed us all he is pulling a cage out for me to measure. I will mock up a prototype in Fusion and share the file. Depending on the printing time, I may consider printing for those who would need that as an option. 

• 1 year later...

I bought this case about a year ago. I have no intentions of using the two bays with 4 sleds that came with it. If anyone wants them, I don't see them going anywhere for a while.  They are in my parts storage collecting dust. They are fully intact, with sleds and they are the originals that came from Thermaltake. Even taking into consideration their apparent rarity, I am willing to sell them for only 2 dollars more than shipping them to you. I don't really want to profit, I just want them to be used by someone who needs them. If interested, let me know I will send pics/video whatever you need to know if they are what you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 7:44 AM, MrJon1980 said:

I bought this case about a year ago. I have no intentions of using the two bays with 4 sleds that came with it. If anyone wants them, I don't see them going anywhere for a while.  They are in my parts storage collecting dust. They are fully intact, with sleds and they are the originals that came from Thermaltake. Even taking into consideration their apparent rarity, I am willing to sell them for only 2 dollars more than shipping them to you. I don't really want to profit, I just want them to be used by someone who needs them. If interested, let me know I will send pics/video whatever you need to know if they are what you are looking for.

Update: Someone reached out to me for these cages. I no longer have them. I am sorry for anyone hoping to get them, but I am glad they are now going to be used instead of collecting dust in storage.

• 3 months later...

So I went through this same thing. Bought the Tower 900 to use as a Plex server with SAS drives. I wanted to use a total of 12 drives meaning I would need an additional 4 cages. Assumed this wouldn't be a problem, but after an exhaustive search I decided to reach out to the dreaded Support team. 

They refused to help me unless I gave them the serial number to the case, where I bought it, and proof of purchase. After providing this to them they said they were $19.99 (plus shipping). I said 'fine' and asked to have 4 of them shipped. They told me the max was '2 per customer', and that due to circumstanced they weren't willing to discuss this was the absolute max they would/could ship. 

This all took over a week to sort out due to their slow response times via email.

Although I appreciate them helping me, I feel their support and customer service is a total joke.

Why would they limit them to 2 per customer? Are they concerned about someone selling them on Amzn/eBay? Ridiculous. 

So now I am stuck with being limited to space for only 8 drives. I could have bought a number of other cases if 8 drives was all I needed....

• 6 months later...

I just picked up one of these cases from a barn sale.  Missing glass thumbscrews(glass is good),  MB tray and Hard Drive bays in back,  I assumed I could get these parts easy for a case that costs 300 new.  After looking for hours online I found this thread and thanks to those here.  I contact TT and got a response that they couldn't sell MB tray as they would have to disassemble a built case to do so..LMAO, and that the 3 1/2 drive bays were 40 dollars for a single rack(2 drives), that's absurd!  The glass hardware was easy and I'm fabricating a MB tray now.  Next I need to see if I can make some other HDD trays work.  I spent 20 dollars on the case so I'm not out anything but their inability to provide replacement parts on an elite tier case is crazy.

If anyone is interested in parts let me know I may just part this out if my fabrication doesn't work well.  The rest of the case is Mint.