Why does this appear on my files.

AndreiArgeanu
Go to solution Solved by MCManiac52,

Windows compression. When a drive or folder is set to compress files, the thumbnails show the arrows.

On the other hand though, I've seen this happen when the drive/folder is set to compress files and it just a bug

Recently this appears on files on desktop. Anyone know what those arrows are and what do they represent? IMG_20190416_141257.thumb.jpg.f7da6a4506de353d6dc25f58b00d2eac.jpg

Windows compression. When a drive or folder is set to compress files, the thumbnails show the arrows.

On the other hand though, I've seen this happen when the drive/folder is set to compress files and it just a bug

I ilke trains.

2 hours ago, MCManiac52 said:

How do I stop the compression because its a very weak laptop and don't need it

Compression gets automatically turned on when you start to run out of storage space. Free up some space on your os's primary drive then turn off the compression option. Oh and if you are having trouble with space: remember that onedrive and dropbox keeps local copies of the files you have on their services, you can uninstall/disable them and just upload/download your files when you need to.