mining build

hi guys just a quick question

planning on building a AMD based mining build for a friend

its gonna be caseless so what good quality risers are there ? ive seen some reviews that bought bad quality risers that break so can you recommend me one that also cheap ? x16 to x16  preferably on amazon.com or ebay.com

also here are the specs

GA-990FXA-UD5

low end quad core or maybe dual

4GB ddr3 ram

four 290 GPUs (non reference cooler  )

1300 watt corsair PSU

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its gonna be caseless so what good quality risers are there ? ive seen some reviews that bought bad quality risers that break so can you recommend me one that also cheap ? x16 to x16  preferably on amazon.com or ebay.com

also here are the specs

GA-990FXA-UD5

4GB ddr3 ram

1300 watt corsair PSU

I'd suggest that you should go for an intel cpu

something like this "combo"

CPU:  Intel Celeron G1820 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($46.86 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard:  ASRock B85 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($77.55 @ Newegg) 
Total: $124.41
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-22 08:20 EST-0500)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

im buying the parts locally

and those arnt available here

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

im buying the parts locally

and those arnt available here

ok then, but you still don't need that motherboard

any motherboard with 4 pci slots will probably work

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

he would have to put two cards in x1, not a very good idea imo.

why? the card's won't have enough bandwith?

yes, I saw that page just before responding to your last comment. that's why I asked you. 

yeah, you would have x1 bandwidth. i wouldnt recommend that.

from what I've heard you don't really need a lot of bandwidth for mining

from what I've heard you don't really need a lot of bandwidth for mining

yup, x1 works fine

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

No problem at all. I'm mining with 5 GPUs. 2 of them are on 16x and 3 on 1x.

Spoiler

also here are the specs

GA-990FXA-UD5

4GB ddr3 ram

1300 watt corsair PSU

As I said yesterday, you'll need more power. Remember that 1300W psu doesn't give a net 1300 W power output. Since you need 300W per GPU, + maybe 150 for the rest (mobo, cpu/apu, fan, HDD) you should go with 2 PSUs.

Go back and read the thread : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/104577-quad-280x-cards-without-risers/

As for the risers, just beware of the chinese risers on ebay which are pretty cheap. Keep in mind you'll probably burn a few doing tests so buy spares. If you're knowledgeable with solders, you can try to CAREFULLY repair those burnt risers. Also, buy POWERED risers. Use the same PSU to power one GPU AND its riser.

Spoiler