Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master - Static Noise on Headphones?

Hello LTT,

I seem to have an issue with my newly built z390 platform. I am using AKG K7XX headphones which plug into a FiiO E10K DAC. That then plugs via USB into my motherboard (usually at the rear ports). The problem I have is in Discord when people talk to me, I can hear a faint static noise coming in the background. It doesn't happen anywhere else but in VOIP programs like Discord, TS3 ect. Now I have tried several ports, tried reinstalling all possible audio drivers and a few other "temp fixes" that I found online without avail. Also what is the DAC port about?

Anyone else experience this or should I RMA the board? For the record I had no issues with my Asus Hero X before hand but needed the new mobo due to CPU upgrade.

Thank you

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

50 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Hello LTT,

I seem to have an issue with my newly built z390 platform. I am using AKG K7XX headphones which plug into a FiiO E10K DAC. That then plugs via USB into my motherboard (usually at the rear ports). The problem I have is in Discord when people talk to me, I can hear a faint static noise coming in the background. It doesn't happen anywhere else but in VOIP programs like Discord, TS3 ect. Now I have tried several ports, tried reinstalling all possible audio drivers and a few other "temp fixes" that I found online without avail. Also what is the DAC port about?

Anyone else experience this or should I RMA the board? For the record I had no issues with my Asus Hero X before hand but needed the new mobo due to CPU upgrade.

Thank you

Try to plug the USB into your front panel USB ports as well as USB ports on other computers/laptops if possible. If the static noise is gone then it should be a motherboard USB port issue

2 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Try to plug the USB into your front panel USB ports as well as USB ports on other computers/laptops if possible. If the static noise is gone then it should be a motherboard USB port issue

Or buy a dedicated hub with bunch of ports.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

On 4/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, _d0nut said:

On 4/15/2019 at 12:04 PM, Turtle Rig said:

Or buy a dedicated hub with bunch of ports.

Update: The front USB ports on the case seem to work fine... I will try every single rear port today and see if the issue continues on those. If it does, would that mean that the motherboard's rear ports are faulty?

As for the USB Hub, sure it is a good idea but since the motherboard is less than a month old, I'd rather get a replacement so it works and then get the hub for ease of access.

EDIT 2: Never mind, it is there again, all I had to do is turn up the volume past 50% and I can hear the static popping again... -.-

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR