Does anyone know what this sound is?

Greeting LTT people,

Getting random sounds on my pc...click link for the video the sound is 5 seconds in.

I built the pc myself-this started about a week or two ago...don't remember downloading anything at the time...the computer is clean no viruses...I only download clean software from verifiable sources.

https://youtu.be/kUvskI41iY4

If you know what it is, or can help identify it that would be super helpful. ?

isn't it related to that stuff in the background, that timer going down to 0 and match ready etc ...

no that is a game...but i get this sound all the time...in game not in game nothing...it seems random...plus i was tabbed out...the game is very loud but you can only hear the youtube...you cant hear the game audio

1 hour ago, chrisgraham100000 said:

Greeting LTT people,

Getting random sounds on my pc...click link for the video the sound is 5 seconds in.

I built the pc myself-this started about a week or two ago...don't remember downloading anything at the time...the computer is clean no viruses...I only download clean software from verifiable sources.

Sounds like something from discord.. check in audio what apps are using the output

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Yes as @Derkoli said, use the Mixer to find out where that sound is coming from, right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Yes as @Derkoli said, use the Mixer to find out where that sound is coming from, right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right

1 hour ago, chrisgraham100000 said:

Greeting LTT people,

Looks like this: image.png.606bafab0f4bd420c8d97e86f89fa4df.png

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

that is a good idea...i think i will just start muting things i am not sure what they do...see if that fixes it...in there i have system sounds, iCUE, Steam Client WebHelper, and NVIDIA Container....i dont think i need noises from those apps...

1 minute ago, chrisgraham100000 said:

that is a good idea...i think i will just start muting things i am not sure what they do...see if that fixes it...in there i have system sounds, iCUE, Steam Client WebHelper, and NVIDIA Container....i dont think i need noises from those apps...

Yeah just disable anything you arent using. Stuff like iCue really doesnt need sounds enabled lol. i hate getting random notification noises when listening to flac on my pc..