Bad temperature?

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
1 minute ago, yenbob288 said:

74 at max CPU, it spikes from 65 to 74 rather than 75 spikes to 83

that's really good :D

Hello everyone, My pc is water-cooled and sporting an Intel core I7 7700k ("Yeah we've got one"-verge) and it is currently reaching 83 celsius when the CPU is under 100% load, is this bad?

It's not good.....

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

It's not good.....

what should it be at under full CPU usage?

5 minutes ago, yenbob288 said:

Hello everyone, My pc is water-cooled and sporting an Intel core I7 7700k ("Yeah we've got one"-verge) and it is currently reaching 83 celsius when the CPU is under 100% load, is this bad?

What kind of loop do you have?

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

Just now, ddennis002 said:

What kind of loop do you have?

Raidmax watercooler cobra 240 

Im assuming its running at stock? Then yeah thats really bad, the CPU is not gonna die or anything, but considering its water cooled thats terrible.. even a 120mm AIO would keep that CPU way below 80 at stock

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Im assuming its running at stock? Then yeah thats really bad, the CPU is not gonna die or anything, but considering its water cooled thats terrible.. even a 120mm AIO would keep that CPU way below 80 at stock

No no, this is at full CPU usage, if you are meaning idle? if stock means it's not overclocked, then it might not be, I purchased the system second hand to build onto and it pushes out 4.73 GHz

just make sure proper ventilation is there

No no, this is at full CPU usage, if you are meaning idle? if stock means it's not overclocked, then it might not be, I purchased the system second hand to build onto and it pushes out 4.73 GHz

Yeah stock means not overclocked, but 4.73Ghz means it's overclocked and probably pushing too much voltage (vCore)

https://www.hwinfo.com/

check this program for voltages and frequency when under load

Run it with "sensors-only" checked

26 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Yeah stock means not overclocked, but 4.73Ghz means it's overclocked and probably pushing too much voltage (vCore)

https://www.hwinfo.com/

check this program for voltages and frequency when under load

Run it with "sensors-only" checked

there are two fans available on the case (two taken up by the cooler) shuld the one on the top be pushing air in rather than out? there are currently two exhaust fans.

3 minutes ago, yenbob288 said:

there are two fans available on the case (two taken up by the cooler) shuld the one on the top be pushing air in rather than out? there are currently two exhaust fans.

I am so confused, dont understand what you mean sorry :| 

generally the top and the back are exhaust and the front is intake, but you can flip it around and make top and back as intake and front as exhaust but it depends if the front panel is open for that work properly

1 hour ago, yenbob288 said:

what should it be at under full CPU usage?

Not more than 75c max

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

9 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

I am so confused, dont understand what you mean sorry :| 

generally the top and the back are exhaust and the front is intake, but you can flip it around and make top and back as intake and front as exhaust but it depends if the front panel is open for that work properly

The front panel is taken up by the radiator (NZXT S340 elite) and there is one fan at the top of the frame and one at the rear, however, they are both exhausts.

8 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Not more than 75c max

I found that it goes from 69 and spikes to 83 for a short period then down to 74 - 73 and spikes again.

4 minutes ago, yenbob288 said:

The front panel is taken up by the radiator (NZXT S340 elite) and there is one fan at the top of the frame and one at the rear, however, they are both exhausts.

Oh nice, I have the same case :D so top and rear are exhaust and the 240mm AIO is intake?

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Oh nice, I have the same case :D so top and rear are exhaust and the 240mm AIO is intake?

Yeah, it's on the front by the dust filter, basically, I'm thinking all the air is being removed causing a vacuum and the fans on the radiator aren't getting air? What color is your case?

13 minutes ago, yenbob288 said:

Yeah, it's on the front by the dust filter, basically, I'm thinking all the air is being removed causing a vacuum and the fans on the radiator aren't getting air? What color is your case?

You said the Front is intake so how would that cause a vacuum?
negative.png

it's Black and Red :D I wanted Black and White but that was sold out, and the Black was sold out as well :/

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

You said the Front is intake so how would that cause a vacuum?
negative.png

it's Black and Red :D I wanted Black and White but that was sold out, and the Black was sold out as well :/

As you see the blue intake arrows, they are blocked by my radiator, then the two extra fans top and to the back, are acting as exhaust fans, so basically, no air is really coming in, the fans are INSIDE the case blowing onto the radiator. That's so cool! I have a black matte and blue case, right now on Newegg the only case that ships to Dubai are the white and purple

As you see the blue intake arrows, they are blocked by my radiator, then the two extra fans top and to the back, are acting as exhaust fans, so basically, no air is really coming in, the fans are INSIDE the case blowing onto the radiator.

They should be fine, they're taking air from the outside, you can try taking off the front panel and see if that helps with anything, if it does then add 2 more fans on the front

3 minutes ago, yenbob288 said:

As you see the blue intake arrows, they are blocked by my radiator, then the two extra fans top and to the back, are acting as exhaust fans, so basically, no air is really coming in, the fans are INSIDE the case blowing onto the radiator.

but considering your CPU is overclocked, 83C is not THAT bad, but I still think it's receiving more voltage than it needs causing it to heat up more

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

but considering your CPU is overclocked, 83C is not THAT bad, but I still think it's receiving more voltage than it needs causing it to heat up more

Its a 600w and I have a 1070 TI maybe thats contributing XD

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

Fixed the issue, fans are now drawing air in, i placed them so it inhales cold air from outside rather from inside the case

Just now, yenbob288 said:

Fixed the issue, fans are now drawing air in, i placed them so it inhales cold air from outside rather from inside the case

how are the temps?

Just now, _Syn_ said:

how are the temps?

that's really good :D