Low head pressure, can't figure out why!!

Hi all,

Just finished this loop.

I'm having issues with head pressure from the ddc. 

I've been filling from the res which goes into passthroughs etc.

I don't have an issue with the water getting to the pump, but when I turn it on to cycle it really doesn't go anywhere... 

I've been trying to figure it out but I can't... If it's something easy I've clearly missed it. I've changed in and outs, checked singularitys site for in and out ports.

Basic flow path:

Ddc>360rad>120rad> into pass through plate >cpu>res>gpu>pass through plate > DDC 

20190414_111446.thumb.jpg.8a6e742bd4b8aa7f77328036b506cba1.jpg

Excuse some of the fittings being loose, I was about to disassemble prior to taking the pic.

If anyone can work out as to why it's happening I'd be cheering!

Cheers

Peter 

Your res is in the wrong place is why.The res has to be close to the pump and able to gravity feed the pump.Just hope you didn't hurt the pump running it like that.

DDC>360rad? i don't think that is a outlet port for that pump top you are connecting.

2 hours ago, ZLing said:

DDC>360rad? i don't think that is a outlet port for that pump top you are connecting.

According to the specs on the site it is... that's what's confusing me!! I was worried about res position but flow to the pump is fine. I'm sure it's got to do with the pump.

I've tried bottom ports, and that front port. Also the single which is connected to PT..

Might just get shorter res tube from singularity. I only had a 250ml so had to use the ek res...

6 hours ago, Psmall5 said:

, checked singularitys site for in and out ports.

I figured out your problem

You are using 2 inlet ports on the pump top.  From your picture, it looks like you have water running to A and D. Those are both inlets.

d5-pump-top-ports-web.png

1 hour ago, Ttnuagmada said:

I figured out your problem

You are using 2 inlet ports on the pump top.  From your picture, it looks like you have water running to A and D. Those are both inlets.

d5-pump-top-ports-web.png

I thought I tried that one too? Well i think i did. I'll try again, it was giving me the s**ts so its been parked it for the moment. Im considering getting a smaller res tube so I can use my res/pump combo.

Not the biggest fan of the ports on ek res. 

Thanks for sending the diagram :)

No. 1 rule: Component order doesn't matter except have the res immediately before the pump.

16 hours ago, Psmall5 said:

I thought I tried that one too? Well i think i did. I'll try again, it was giving me the s**ts so its been parked it for the moment. Im considering getting a smaller res tube so I can use my res/pump combo.

Not the biggest fan of the ports on ek res. 

Thanks for sending the diagram :)

NP.  As others have said though, you generally want the Res to have gravity flow to the pump.  Looking at your setup, I can't really fathom how you would have gotten water to the pump.