Computer Booting for a few minutes, then shutting off

EdgelordEquinox

Hi, I’m working on getting my PC set up - everything was going fine and dandy, until it ended up starting to shut off after a few minutes, before I could even install Windows.  When I turn it on, everything works fine for the first few minutes, until the thing just shuts off on me.  I’ve done some troubleshooting - reapplying the CPU cooler and reinserting the CPU itself, and even redoing every cable in it.  To no avail.  My best go was when I was 72% done installing Windows - then it stopped and shut down.  Most times, I don’t even get to start installing Windows, however.

Trying to to install Windows 10 64-bit

Part List:

NZXT H500i

NZXT Kraken x62 (280mm)

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x

Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8gb)

Gigabyte GeForce 2070

Gigabyte X399 Aorus Pro

Crucial P1 500gb NAND NVMe

EVGA Supernova 850 G3

3x Corsair LL120 120mm

If my post is missing anything, just let me know.

Was this system working before and now all of a sudden it isn't? Do you happen to have another power supply you could test with to see if it does it when powered by another PSU? Everything is set to stock speeds (no overclocks)? What is your exact RAM speed set to in BIOS?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

Was this system working before and now all of a sudden it isn't? Do you happen to have another power supply you could test with to see if it does it when powered by another PSU? Everything is set to stock speeds (no overclocks)? What is your exact RAM speed set to in BIOS?

It wasn’t, I recently got it set up to this point.  It’s a fresh build.  I also don’t have another PSU, I would be able to get another at some point to try.  As far as your overclocking question, it isn’t overclocked because I haven’t been able to get nearly that far.  I’m not sure about the ram speed, though, I will check shortly.

I second the PSU issue. Might be a DOA. Try another PSU maybe.

While you are at it, monitor your CPU temp, if it start throttling and then turns off you might have a thermal issue instead.

Either your CPU is going way too hot, and it just shut's down itself from preventing any further damage.

Or your PSU is just faulty.

Try to install something to check your CPU temp with, and the moment you start your pc, start the program and check if temps go way too high.

AMD site says ryzen 1900x : 

Max Temps
68°C

11 minutes ago, DylanDB said:

Either your CPU is going way too hot, and it just shut's down itself from preventing any further damage.

Or your PSU is just faulty.

Try to install something to check your CPU temp with, and the moment you start your pc, start the program and check if temps go way too high.

AMD site says ryzen 1900x : 

Max Temps
68°C

I assume it’s the PSU since I can’t even install a program to check the temp, since I can’t get Windows installed.

1 minute ago, EdgelordEquinox said:

I assume it’s the PSU since I can’t even install a program to check the temp, since I can’t get Windows installed.

Can you get into bios? Most BIOS's give temps also at home screen of bios ^^ 

edit : you have an aorus motherboard, so yeah you can check temps in bios also of the cpu.

Maybe you can check it there, try to get in bios, let us know what temp it says there.