Overwatch Gaming PC with Motion blur reduction

Kyrie05

Hello, I've been thinking of building a rig for Overwatch so that I can take advantage of the BenQ Zowie XL 2546 and motion blur reduction at 240 Hz. The issue is that I don't know what kind of rig I would need in order to maintain about 237 FPS (locked). I'd be locking my Frame rates, but similarly, I don't know how bad the FPS drops would be. I intend to run the game at 1080p native resolution, with everything set to low and 100% render scale. What do you guys think I would need to get consistently maintain 237 FPS or more?

5 minutes ago, Kyrie05 said:

What's your current PC?

CPU's are what bottleneck your max fps/refresh rate

staying about 240fps will be a problem for any modern CPU in any modern game for the most part.

You can get that high in something like CS:GO though since it runs on the source engine.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Currently, I don't have a PC that can actually run the game well at all. So that is totally out of the question. This is why I need to build a new rig, but I can only do that if it's possible to even maintain such framerates.

18 minutes ago, Kyrie05 said:

Currently, I don't have a PC that can actually run the game well at all. So that is totally out of the question. This is why I need to build a new rig, but I can only do that if it's possible to even maintain such framerates.

Well what's your budget and country for a new PC then?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'm from New Delhi, India. My budget for the PC is somewhere around $1500 (excluding the monitor, I'll consider the Zowie a separate purchase).

36 minutes ago, Kyrie05 said:

I'm from New Delhi, India. My budget for the PC is somewhere around $1500 (excluding the monitor, I'll consider the Zowie a separate purchase).

This was the best I could do. India pricing is insane! These parts are ~$1500 in India and $957 here in the US.

Based on the above post that an 8700K/GTX 1080 should achieve your framerate, this one should as well. The 9600K generally beats out the 8700K when both are at stock, and OCed they are about the same. The RTX 2060 performs a little better than a GTX 1080.