BSOD

BSOD_God
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,

Run memtest86 and see if there are any errors

Hello people of the internet I am looking for help regarding my problem about BSOD (Blue Screen of death) About a 6 months ago I had these sudden crashes where it would BSOD and give error codes such as critical failure, memory management and such, fortunately, it stopped after a couple of days - At this time it could occur at any given time. Now suddenly a few days ago the BSOD began again, this time with a cycle of Critical failure, memory management and critical process going on loop - So I tried looking into solving the problem Extra note: Recently the BSOD only seems to happen when I play games that demand a certain amount of load or when I install programs and such, it also happened when I had 8+ Tabs open in chrome.

What I have tried: CMD prompt and SFC/SCANNOW - This repaired a couple of files

Microsoft memory diagnostic tool - No ram failure given

And today a clean install of windows 10 Tried installing my programs again and the BSOD reappeared, what should I do?

These are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 4*8GB = 32 GB

MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING (LGA1151)

GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix GS

PSU: Corsair RM850i, 850W 80 PLUS Gold

STORAGE: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (M.2 SSD) (Boot drive) + Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) (Storage mainly)

Do not hesitate to ask if I left something out

Kind regards.

Run memtest86 and see if there are any errors

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Is the RAM OC'd? Are you running XMP?

I second @Bananasplit_00. Run a few cycles of memtest off of a bootable USB. If you get any errors, your RAM is probably the issue.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

I attempted running memtest86 and this is what I got out of it.

I suppose the errors suggest that I have a ram issue but which stick is the problem?

Should I just check them one after one?

Imbellis, I have not OC'ed my ram and since I do not know what XMP is I do not think I have it running.

EDIT: Tried the ram sticks one at a time and found the faulty one.

Thanks for the help

56573517_318979902319814_6617099857742004224_n.jpg

56603147_2026733604296359_3501932169255714816_n.jpg