SSD Replace in HP Pavilion

Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,
48 minutes ago, MonsterHunter280 said:

Snip

Most of the times it will work..if it didnt it will just goes bsod and u can fix it by changing the drive controller from ahci to ide or to compatibility mode.. however some modern laptop didnt have that mode.

So I'm looking to upgrade from my old Toshiba laptop, to a fancy "new" HP Pavilion 15-bc499na. The specs are nice, and it's pretty perfect for what I need, but there's an issue. I upgraded my Toshiba to have a new 480GB SSD, which holds all of my work and projects; stuff I don't want to loose. When I installed it, I gave it a fresh copy of Windows 10, and began storing everything.

My question is this; can I remove the HDD from the new laptop and just plug my old one into it, without having to do a backup and restore, and saves me a lot of hassle. I understand that it will need to do a lot of driver updates, but will it stay (relatively) as I left it on the old laptop?

Thanks in advance

48 minutes ago, MonsterHunter280 said:

Snip

Most of the times it will work..if it didnt it will just goes bsod and u can fix it by changing the drive controller from ahci to ide or to compatibility mode.. however some modern laptop didnt have that mode.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

7 hours ago, Hiya! said:

So it is likely to work? Cool, thanks for the info