Audeze Mobius Bluetooth Connectivity.

Colthy

Hey guys, I'm considering to buy the Audeze Mobius headphones, since they seem to provide a pretty affordable way of entering the audiophile universe, while also satisfying my gaming needs. After some preliminary research, I've found that they don't come with an USB dongle for their Bluetooth connection. Because of that, I'm feeling a bit worried and out of my depth while researching the topic. I want to be able to use the best audio codec possible in order to avoid any audio mishaps or loss of quality that might appear. Keep in mind, I have the Aorus Gaming 5 motherboard, which comes with Bluetooth support. According to the website, it supports BLUETOOTH 4.2, 4.1, BLE, 4.0, 3.0, 2.1+EDR. To my limited knowledge, it seems that it would be preferable to use a dedicated Bluetooth transmitter, instead of using the Bluetooth transmitter on my motherboard. After looking around in amazon, the Avantree Oasis Plus seems to fit the bill and would provide what I need.

My question is, should I buy a dedicated Bluetooth transmitter to go with my Audeze Mobius, or should I stick with the one on my motherboard?

Thank you in advance.

You want to get a transmitter that supports aptx so most preferably transmitters that support Bluetooth 5.0

• 11 months later...

I got mine and wireless is just a plus compared to the rest of  features... wireless will give you 3d positioning only for stereo while 7.1 sound will require usb 2.0 to comply with the bandwidth required. Their implementation of bluetooth is more thought for quality more than latency... They have noticeable latency in bluetooth mode but you'll be able to stream some Hi-Fi stereo through it... If you're looking for a good wireless implementation I do not recommend these, but for gaming and hi-res music (even on wireless) I do. Beware that even both on wireless or wired mode they make use of the internal battery since planar magnetic drivers are power hungry and it includes it's own DAC amp inside... it is not recommended to connect it to an external dac since more power might damage it. You can use it wired on your pc and it will charge itself while in use, also there is a setting where you can stop it from charging in usb while using the usb features like 7.1 + 3d headtracking... this is more suitable when you connect it to your mobile devices like your phone or tablet. The device itself is driver free, but you should get familiar with the functions in the included manual. Feel free to contact me so I can give  you more hints about these... it's a great headset.. I love it.