Battlestation Build Project

Hey everyone, thanks for checking out my build project. Parts and pictures listed below. I’d also be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. This build was a ton of fun and sitting in my chair at my desk is literally like plugging into my own personal command center. Thanks again for looking!

Parts List:

[PC]

Case - NZXT H700i

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

CPU Cooling - NZXT Kraken X72 AIO

Motherboard - MSI Pro Gaming M5

Memory - 32GB (4x8 kit) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000mhz

GPU - EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 1080ti (liquid cooled)

Airflow - 3x NZXT 120mm (SP series for 360mm radiator) fans, 2 x NZXT 120mm (AF) fans, 1x NZXT 140mm AerF fan (exhaust), 1x EVGA 120mm (SP series for 120mm GPU radiator)

Storage - 1x 250GB Samsung 860 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (with EK Heatsink), 1x 500GB Samsung 860 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (with EK Heatsink), 1x 512GB Seagate Nytro 2.5in SSD

[Monitors]

2x Viotek 32in Widescreen (curved) 1440p at 144hz, 2ms response time and Freesync enabled (with the new Nvidia driver release these are now GSync enabled)

[Peripherals]

Corsair Rapidfire RGB Aluminum Series Keyboard (Cherry MX Speed)

Corsair Scimitar MMO Mouse

Corsair Extended Mouse Mat 

Corsair Void Pro Wireless Headset

Corsair RGB Headset Stand 

[Desk and Chair]

La-Z-Boy Big & Tall series Executive Chair (I’m 6’4, 310 and this chair is super sturdy and comfortable)

Officemax Genuine Wood Writing Desk

Notes: 

My Viotek monitors are technically VESA compatible but the mounting holes don’t support VESA mounts. There’s a proprietary metal fixture on the back of these monitors that you use to install your traditional monitor stand and I found a seller on Etsy.com that custom makes adapters for these and other Viotek monitors (and I think a few other brands that are similar as well) and after getting the adapters I was able to affix them to VESA arms which I mounted to the wall and installed the monitors in a vertical orientation. I did so because of horizontal space constraints and wasn’t sure if I was going to like it but I absolutely love it. The wall mounts give the monitors a ‘floating’ effect; very cool!

On a balanced fan profile, my system is practically inaudible even while sitting adjacent to it (and without my headset on). Idle/Web and OS browsing temperatures for my 8700k sit between approx. 24 and 42 degrees centigrade. Idle/Web and OS browsing temperatures for my 1080ti sit between approx. 25 and 32 degrees centigrade (these are according to Corsair LINK). The highest I’ve ever seen my 8700k during a stress test (Unigen Heaven for 4 hours) was 62 degrees centigrade average across the 6 cores and my 1080ti maxed out at 60 degrees. When gaming I usually never see my CPU or GPU go above 57 degrees. I’m literally amazed at the performance of the Kraken X72 and my FTW3 hybrid. Granted, I keep my apartment pretty cool and the AC is set to 74 and blows cold, but even when I try stressing out my components they just don’t heat up. 

Again, I’m happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Feel free to comment or roast me if you don’t like my setup lol. Thanks again for looking!

6CDB65BB-5F6A-4205-9A93-A97566946257.png

4F4D6C0F-D300-4FEB-A2D6-DC44EC603F52.png

327F3A1F-4C24-4A39-BACD-13E6C02D0ABB.png

66BBF52D-74C6-43BA-9110-7E58563E45C6.jpeg

Gorgeous! A fully black build without too much RGB. I can just stare at it all day..

Unigine is more of a GPU benchmarking, not a stress tester. I recommend an ASUS Realbench as it's a software that simulate the synthetic load closest to the real world load for the whole system like CPU, GPU and RAM all at the same time with 100% load on them.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Thank you so much! And I’ll definitely give that a try!

1 hour ago, ItsKyleMac said:

Thank you so much! And I’ll definitely give that a try!

Why the pump orientation is upside down?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Looks awesome super clean, exrtra points for not having RGB puke!!!

holy heck that gpu sag

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

19 hours ago, fantasia. said:

holy heck that gpu sag

Ikr.. That tubes and the power cables are the reasons, their put some weight hanging on the GPU..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

The cpu cooler orientation is upside down because I like the way the tubes are run that way. And I don’t mind the NZXT being flipped; actually think it’s kinda cool. 

Yea... need to fix my GPU sag. Anyone have any idea on products? I don’t want crazy rgb brackets or unicorn dicks... I was hoping for a metal, low profile stand I can use to support the power cable end of the GPU. It’s actually not as bad as it looks on the pictures lol but it’s definitely something I want to fix.