Age of Empires 2 for Windows 7

QuestCube
Go to solution Solved by DarrenP,

You could try reinstalling the video card drivers?

Hey guys

I played Age of Empires 2 a lot in the past, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore, the game shows graphical glitches which it never showed before, about four monthes ago it worked fine on this pc. There is a common problem with graphic glitches in this game, which can be terminated by killing the explore.exe. I had this problem in the past as well, and this solved it, but this time it's a different problem and killing explorer.exe doesn't help. I've included a photo of what the screen looks like (only a shot from my phone as I could'nt do a screenshot, but you can see the problem). It's a photo of the main menu, but ingame ive got the same problem.

I tried killing processes which belong to programs that were installed since the last time that I played it, also I tried all compatibility options as well as the other options in this windows-menu.

The Problem is there with the original game and with the expansion pack. Reinstalling didn't work either. I need this game working on a lan party in a few days, so resetting windows and formating the hard drive is not really a option...

Does anyone has anymore solution ideas? If so, thanks a lot in advance!

qc

(Btw Win7x64, if you need more informations, please tell me)

post-17724-0-38269000-1390314224_thumb.j

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Yeah, updating the drivers actually worked.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, updating the drivers actually worked.

Thanks a lot!

:D No problem! :D

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda