RED CPU light on motherboard (no bleeps with speaker"

TheReven

So just got a new motherboard and cooler so installed both parts before anything else to test but the CPU light on the mobo is red I have all connectors plugged in and also when it boots no tone can't acces the bios just yet as waiting for gpu to be delivered can anyone shed some light?

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

So just got a new motherboard and cooler so installed both parts before anything else to test but the CPU light on the mobo is red I have all connectors plugged in and also when it boots no tone can't acces the bios just yet as waiting for gpu to be delivered can anyone shed some light?

You need a dedicated GPU to use a 8350. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Well if you are using an 8350, there isn't any onboard video so you NEED a gpu.

I understand that but surely the CPU would still not have the Red LED on the mobo unless there was an issue?

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

I understand that but surely the CPU would still not have the Red LED on the mobo unless there was an issue?

The issue is probably that there isn't a gpu. there isn't really a way to diagnose your issue until your gpu arrives.

The issue is probably that there isn't a gpu. there isn't really a way to diagnose your issue until your gpu arrives.

Okay thanks I guess I just got to be patient

Make sure the LED lights and the labels are not off centre. On my Crosshair V formula Z they dont match up so you can mistake a CPU light for a RAM light. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Make sure the LED lights and the labels are not off centre. On my Crosshair V formula Z they dont match up so you can mistake a CPU light for a RAM light.

No definitely the CPU light

Iv plugged the gpu in and no luck no display and same thing

Iv plugged the gpu in and no luck no display and same thing

silly question but do you have the 8 pin cpu cable plugged in 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

where is that red light burning? in wat place? show picture

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular