RGB Questions (FAQ maybe) - Need help

Hi guys, I put this post in peripherals because I didn't know where questions about RGB lighting would go (sorry).

This is a post that hopefully helps me understand some of the details and doubts regarding RGB and to help make an educated decision down the line.

I currently have my personal PC with an ASUS B450-I that has two RGB strip locations on it; "1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s) , 1 x Aura RGB Strip Header(s)".

I had previously purchased a basic RGB kit from amazon that I use on one of the ports (with a splitter) on my motherboard that work. Its great and I love it but its single color only and doesn't utilize the motherboards capabilities fully I feel.

Questions I have:

-Should I be buying a "5050" strip to connect to my "add header"? If not what am I looking for?

-Should I save the slot for some kind of accessory that might use it (like an AIO or something)? (Please recommend one if so)

-Why do some of these kits sold by Corsair, NZXT etc have strips who's headers look completely different than the basic ones I use?

(Even this Silverstone kit I found. Also will these work on my header?)

-Will I need to spend upwards of 50CAD to get something that works with this header?

I hope you guys have the patience to answer these questions for me. I'm only trying to learn more about something I love doing. 

Thanks! 

I don't have much experience either, but it also frustrates me the level of variety in connectors for RGB strips, and the like. It seems that a lot of brands/companies are using proprietary connector methods, such as with my NZXT h500i, so that there isn't cross-compatibility, usually using their own style of control hub as well. This causes me to have to use 3-4 different RGB control programs from Cam, iCue, ASUS, and the physical remote for my RGB fans. There's tons of options out there that will work for you. Personally I'd consider with NZXT's products, as they all connect/use their hub and cam software.

37 minutes ago, MisguidedChoices said:

I don't have much experience either, but it also frustrates me the level of variety in connectors for RGB strips, and the like. It seems that a lot of brands/companies are using proprietary connector methods, such as with my NZXT h500i, so that there isn't cross-compatibility, usually using their own style of control hub as well. This causes me to have to use 3-4 different RGB control programs from Cam, iCue, ASUS, and the physical remote for my RGB fans. There's tons of options out there that will work for you. Personally I'd consider with NZXT's products, as they all connect/use their hub and cam software.

Yeah, I thought so too but it seems like its just two types of cable headers; the rectangular and the roundish one. I considered just investing in a Hue+ or something of the like but I've heard too much crap about the CAM software, it only has 4 ports and I would be missing out on the asus hardware/software. I currently use aura only and preferably whatever I do, I minimize the number of programs I will need to reduce clutter. I did find these that I might use: 

Deepcool RGB 200PRO. Any thoughts?