I can´t choose

Hey guys^^

This year I´ve started going to university and I´ve liked it for now. Anyhow, it´s a real struggle bringing my big 15" Asus laptop to the various classes and the struggle doesn´t end with the size of the machine. The second thing bothering me is the battery capacity. I have to turn my screen on very dark and put the laptop on offline mode for it to survive 3 hours of the day.

So as you might already think, I´m about to buy a new laptop and I have two (three) models in my mind:

• Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
  • LG gram 13"

My third choice would be the Surface Laptop 3, but there aren´t even rumors out there about that laptop, so I don´t really know whether I should wait for it.

Which laptop would you choose? Would you wait for the MSL 3?

As a sidenote: I wouldn´t use the laptop as my main rig, as I already own a pretty beefy desktop pc at home. The laptop would be used at university and in bed, for watching yt-videos or netflix.

Thanks for any answers ^^

What are you studying? If it's mathematical, I HIGHLY suggest getting the surface pro from personal experience. 

If it's not, I'd get the gram. I refuse to buy a laptop with zero upgrade/repair options, and you get a better battery and better io. Although the surface laptop is super premium... 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

2 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

What are you studying? If it's mathematical, I HIGHLY suggest getting the surface pro from personal experience. 

If it's not, I'd get the gram. I refuse to buy a laptop with zero upgrade/repair options, and you get a better battery and better io. Although the surface laptop is super premium... 

I´m studying economics, which has some kind of maths in the mix but the main parts are reading, typing and surfing the web.

Where are you from? Budget? Prefer min how many hours of battery life? Any preference on weight and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Prefer min how many hours of battery life? Any preference on weight and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradable RAM?

I´m from Italy but I don´t think that changes anything lol. I don´t really have a budget yet but all three devices should be in more or less the same price class if I remember correctly. Weight and display size are of more importance. I want my new laptop to be as lightweight and thin as possible but the screen shouldn´t be too small, 13" or 14" should be fine. The panel itself shouldn´t be garbage either as I might use the laptop for minor photo and video processing when I´m on the go, but it also shouldn´t be a top notch over the top panel. I don´t really care about upgradable RAM as my initial thought was to buy a laptop that´s also "future proof" (I know in tech you can´t really say future proof, but I mean like near future proof).

8 hours ago, Kurography said:

snip

Thanks for your reply. Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

12 hours ago, Kurography said:

You mean this?

Links of online stores in your country that sells laptops

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 4/1/2019 at 10:38 PM, PacketMan said:

How about a MacBook 12 or the last MacBook Air? 12 and 13 inches, great display, great battery life, really thin and light and enough power for your studies

Isn´t it illegal to even mention macbooks in this forum?