Laggy bluetooth connection with controller

So i am trying to play Jojo HFTF using the ePSXe emulator on my galaxy s7 with a Dualshock 4 controller. I am using it via bluetooth connection, and epsxe supports controllers by default. However, in game the connection is extremely poor. Moves are delayed by at least half a second on average, and the connection easily gets overloaded and doesn't register some button presses in more intense moments. It's basically unplayable and is frustrating the hell out of me. If anyone has a fix I would love to hear it.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Could have a chance some other apps is slowing you down. Disable some apps and try not to use WiFi.

Also, have you tried to lower the settings. It sometimes makes a lot of increase in performance.

Neko52

6 minutes ago, Nathan The Neko said:

Could have a chance some other apps is slowing you down. Disable some apps and try not to use WiFi.

Also, have you tried to lower the settings. It sometimes makes a lot of increase in performance.

I never have other apps running while I'm playing. I'd rather not disable wifi, as I like receiving notifications. And my settings are already pretty low but i'll check again

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

I never have other apps running while I'm playing. I'd rather not disable wifi, as I like receiving notifications. And my settings are already pretty low but i'll check again

Is this problem only on this game or all games? Could be interference from other things in your area

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

1 minute ago, Dougarooo said:

Is this problem only on this game or all games? Could be interference from other things in your area

Depends if a toaster or microwave is beside him, lol, But it could be.

Neko52

11 hours ago, Dougarooo said:

All games

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540