Keyboard with 18 macro keys suggestions?

Bakedpanda

Hi all,

I'm starting a new job soon and I'm going to need a keyboard to use there for video editing. I'm currently using the Corsair K95 (not platinum) keyboard and Scimitar mouse because MACROS! I haven't quite got to the Taran level of multiple keyboards but I'd like to replicate my home setup as close as I can.

Does anyone know of any keyboards that meet the following requirements?

• 18 macro keys
  • MacOS customisation software
  • RGB (I actually make use of it in Premiere Pro for labelling clips)

Ideally I'd like it to be from a manufacturer that makes a mouse with plenty of macro keys so I only need to run one piece of software for both.

most gaming keyboard manufacturers have sotware that let you remap keyboards (some with even multiple layers). I remember taran has made *atleast 1* video on LTT about this. check on his own channel too. i cba to find it myself. 

If you get something that supports QMK, you could flash it, and use it without having any software installed on your PC. I think Taran actually showed a USB thing you could use to make any keyboard compatible with QMK.

:)

21 minutes ago, Saksham said:

most gaming keyboard manufacturers have sotware that let you remap keyboards (some with even multiple layers). I remember taran has made *atleast 1* video on LTT about this. check on his own channel too. i cba to find it myself. 

I've found something on github that gives most of the same features as Corsair's software. Corsair actually have MacOS beta software available but dont support that model. I'm probably going to have to try and pick up a second hand one, which in the UK seems to be pretty tough to find. I may end up going with a Stream Deck or something similar

download a piece of software called autohotkey... it lets you put macros on any keyboard, I think taran even mentioned autohotkey at one point. It's a pretty easy piece of software to use.