VERY poor performence in some games with a great pc.

I've been having troubles with my pc as of recent and I'd like to know why. In many games (ex: Borderlands 2, Team fortress 2, Cs:go, Black mesa, etc) I've been struggling to keep over 60 fps with a pretty good pc. This is mostly the case with Borderlands 2 and Team fortress 2 where the game often drops down to 30 fps and often times struggling to reach above 60 fps other times. I've tried setting graphics lower to no substantial effect aside from gaining maybe 20 fps more at best and I've also tried overclocking along with running my pc on high performance mode. I have no idea what's going on but it's either I'm overestimating what kind of performance my pc should be getting or something is seriously wrong here. I have asked for help across several forums for an answer to my problems and so far none have helped. I can't stand not knowing what is wrong with my pc and I want an answer so can somebody please help me here?

Specs:

Cpu: i7-5930k overclocked to 4 ghz

Gpu: 1080 Ti 11gb

Ram: 32gb (24 available)

Hdd: WD Green 4TB 5400 rpm

Ssd: Samsung PM871 2.5 7mm 256GB

Monitor(s): 2560x1080p 60hz primary monitor and 1920x1080p 60hz secondary monitor

Userbenchmark of pc: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15796073

3 minutes ago, --Helix-- said:

Did you already try reinstalling windows? Because that's usually the quickest thing for software solutions.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Did you already try reinstalling windows? Because that's usually the quickest thing for software solutions.

Image result for guide to troubleshooting windows pc meme

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, --Helix-- said:

I've been having troubles with my pc as of recent and I'd like to know why. In many games (ex: Borderlands 2, Team fortress 2, Cs:go, Black mesa, etc) I've been struggling to keep over 60 fps with a pretty good pc. This is mostly the case with Borderlands 2 and Team fortress 2 where the game often drops down to 30 fps and often times struggling to reach above 60 fps other times. I've tried setting graphics lower to no substantial effect aside from gaining maybe 20 fps more at best and I've also tried overclocking along with running my pc on high performance mode. I have no idea what's going on but it's either I'm overestimating what kind of performance my pc should be getting or something is seriously wrong here. I have asked for help across several forums for an answer to my problems and so far none have helped. I can't stand not knowing what is wrong with my pc and I want an answer so can somebody please help me here?

Specs:

Cpu: i7-5930k overclocked to 4 ghz

Gpu: 1080 Ti 4gb

Ram: 32gb (24 available)

Hdd: WD Green 4TB 5400 rpm

Ssd: Samsung PM871 2.5 7mm 256GB

Monitor(s): 2560x1080p 60hz primary monitor and 1920x1080p 60hz secondary monitor

Userbenchmark of pc: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15796073

Dont think there is a 4gb model of the 1080 ti. Sure you dont meen 1050ti

10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Never really tried doing that but would it interfere with the other programs I have stored on my ssd?

1 hour ago, --Helix-- said:

Never really tried doing that but would it interfere with the other programs I have stored on my ssd?

You'd be wiping whatever drive or partition windows is installed onto

I usually keep windows on it's own 200GB partition so there's no issue with reinstalling it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?