Did I goof by purchasing a SED SSD?

Kilage

So I recently got a refurbished Acer Nitro AN515-42. Not the greatest gaming machine but it was cheap. I wanted to upgrade to an ssd so I tried to put in a PM961 I had sitting around only to find out the laptop doesn't support nvme drives. So I go shopping and end up purchasing this Micron 512GB SATA m.2 drive. It has a conformal coating which I thought was cool and FIPS 140-2 L2 Validation which I didn't know much about but the price seemed like a decent deal. Now, being the not so smart person I am sometimes, I started doing my research after I paid for it. Came across this tech quickie video from 6 years ago where he said the tricky part about SED's is finding out if your laptop is compatible. Does anyone know if that's still true? I've tried doing some research but it's been difficult trying to find an answer to my specific questions. Will it work with my laptop? 

Just now, Snipergod87 said:

Dont worry about it, it will work.

I'm guessing SED's are more PnP now?

They are rather common, many ssd's are SED's now a days, the support issues may have been in regards to whether or not the SSD would work as a SED on old systems (imagine an old Pentium 4 for example)

1 minute ago, Snipergod87 said:

They are rather common, many ssd's are SED's now a days, the support issues may have been in regards to whether or not the SSD would work as a SED on old systems (imagine an old Pentium 4 for example)

Ok awesome. That's what I figured but I wanted to double check. Thank-you!