Why PC getting slower after a years

LightParticle

Hello, sorry for my poor english and lack of technical savviness,but I have one question in mind which I want to ask you. So I bought some years ago one laptop which have been done really good work for me. It's not high end, it's type of budget machine, but for my office and home purposes was perftectly built. It has 4 Gb RAM and 2 core 4 threads processor, and what I get on first years of using it, it gave me fast response in open browsers such as Firefox and Chrome, good performance in multi-task office purposes (multi tab browsing, few opened office documents and programs), but last time, year after a year my laptop start to do a slower and slower performance in terms of response in internet and office applications. I mean my Chrome start openeing only after 5-10 seconds, my Firefox starts poorly and my Windows 7 "start-using-ready-time" longer and longer.

Recently I've updated to RAM for laptop, I added 4 GB more and it start give me performance relativily close to the first times of using it. BUt, but, but... I dont understand? I mean, I have a same software package installed:Windows 7, Chrome, Firefox. I did not changed my work habbits or "heavyness" of task loads, so why it my perfomance is became slower? Is it because of Windows 7 updates or maybe just browser applications started to take more of technical RAM capacity? What happens with all this apps or perhaps my hardware which been runs perfectly first at the time, but for a years starts a slower and a slower at the "same" setup?

Sounds like a hard drive filling up, some bloatware or programs you've forgotten about still kicking around. Are you making sure to manage background processes?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

48 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Sounds like a hard drive filling up, some bloatware or programs you've forgotten about still kicking around. Are you making sure to manage background processes?

Well, I always tried to make my Window clean, without minimum 3-rd party software installed, especially if it wants to run on background or something.

Can my filled "undefraggmented" old HDD can slower down my perfomance really?

4 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

Well, I always tried to make my Window clean, without minimum 3-rd party software installed, especially if wants to run on background or something.

Can my filled "undefraggmented" old HDD can slower down my perfomance really?

Un-defragmented? Not sure if you mean defragmented or that it's not defragged yet. If not, defragment it, that should help. And yeah, hard drives can get slow pretty easy.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad