Black bars on TV connected to PC

DrThots

I've tried going to Nvidia control panel, and changed it to Full screen and run on GPU but still no use, It used to not have it (today), TV is 4k, it's on 4096 x 2160 and connected with HDMI, the sides have no black bars

15 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

TVs are 3840×2160. They support 4096×2160 input for compatibility but that format will have black bars since it's not the same aspect ratio as the TV.

So, I just did 3840x2160 with Nvidia control putting it as full screen, it stayed the same, the side had no black bars, but the top and bottom did. I then tried to put it to aspect ratio in nvidia control panel and it made every edge have a black bar

19 minutes ago, DrThots said:

So, I just did 3840x2160 with Nvidia control putting it as full screen, it stayed the same, the side had no black bars, but the top and bottom did. I then tried to put it to aspect ratio in nvidia control panel and it made every edge have a black bar

My best guess is that the card's forcing 3840x2160 to output as 4096x2160.

It's cliche, but it may help, but reinstalling drivers might do something.

EDIT: What refresh rate is your card outputting at? If it's 24Hz, then set it to 60Hz and see if that changes anything.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

14 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

EDIT: What refresh rate is your card outputting at? If it's 24Hz, then set it to 60Hz and see if that changes anything.

It's at 60hz , It wasn't there before, but it messed up my games ie resolutions being really weird ect.

18 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

NEVERMIND! I fixed it, I just had to overscan it using nvidia control panel and it's fixed hopefully permanently!