Looking for New Headphones

Totally Not Woojin

Hello, I’m in the market for new headphones. I’m not really into audio so xlr and amps are something I don’t want to get into. I play games, some FPS and other third person shooters. I currently have a Corsair HS70 but it recently broke and I don’t really like how close to the ear it is, leaving no air space for my ears. I just want a good sound with good quality. However, I don’t want something from mass drop as it would be better if I could go to a store and try them out beforehand. Price range is 100-150, thank you!

15 minutes ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Hello, I’m in the market for new headphones. I’m not really into audio so xlr and amps are something I don’t want to get into. I play games, some FPS and other third person shooters. I currently have a Corsair HS70 but it recently broke and I don’t really like how close to the ear it is, leaving no air space for my ears. I just want a good sound with good quality. However, I don’t want something from mass drop as it would be better if I could go to a store and try them out beforehand. Price range is 100-150, thank you!

maybe a pair of dt 770, 880, or 990 they are pretty common on av and music stores if  you can find them and amazon make sure you get the ones that are less than 250 ohm impedance . takstar pro 82 are pretty great if you can buy em from amazon if you dont like em return em. ath ad 900x are also really good ,akg 612 are also really good.  all of the headphones I meantioned except for the takstar pro 82 are good for gaming and should be pretty common in music and av stores for you to try out. . 

I should probably expand on my reccomendations to guide you to what to try, the DT lineup all feature very wide sound stages with very precise imaging like I want to call them the best in this price range for imaging but I haven't tried everything. all leaning towards a more v shaped sound signature which is an emphasized bass and treble the dt 990 is open very emphasized treble to a fault for most people as it can be too sharp for a lot of songs but can be beneficial when trying to listen for footsteps but has the most prominent midbass out of all 3 cans. dt 770 is like the 990 but it has more pleasant treble to point that people typically do enjoy but still some very sensitive people might have issues with but this being closed the sub bass is a lovely listen for edm , hip hop and such. dt 880 is the most flat out of all of them and just like any beyer ever made have very good treble and present bass. 

takstar pro 82 the cheapest out of all of these so good for gaming cooler master took their design and made it a headset also increadibly comfortable. 

I forgot to mention ath m40x's with brainwavz pads very good for gaming sounds great for music. after getting the brainwavz pads ignore the m50x ever existed because m40x's are better than those. 

ath 900'x almost no bass but the mids and treble are great for the price point very open and wide soundstage also very good imaging. if the 900x's are too much money try going down to the 800 or 700. as this whole series of headphones are gerally very good

akg 612 similar to the dt 880 but cheaper and has bass and in my opinion doesn't sound as good but is to be expected because it is cheaper.