Server for LAN Center

Hi guys, this is my first post, I'm from Argentina, and I have with a friend a LAN Center with 20 PC's (i5 6400 - 8gb - EVGA 950 2gb) all the same.

My question is:
is it possible to run a lan server with games from Steam - Battle.net - EPIC Games etc. so I don't update each PC everytime I close the place?

imagine to download Fortnite updates 20 times with "100MB internet" connected to a disgusting coaxial cable losing 90% connection power...

Just in case it can be done should I get a gigabit switch?
what kind of ethernet cable should I get for optimal data transfer?

thanks guys! ♥

9 minutes ago, mutekii said:

Hi guys, this is my first post, I'm from Argentina, and I have with a friend a LAN Center with 20 PC's (i5 6400 - 8gb - EVGA 950 2gb) all the same.

My question is:
is it possible to run a lan server with games from Steam - Battle.net - EPIC Games etc. so I don't update each PC everytime I close the place?

imagine to download Fortnite updates 20 times with "100MB internet" connected to a disgusting coaxial cable losing 90% connection power...

Just in case it can be done should I get a gigabit switch?
what kind of ethernet cable should I get for optimal data transfer?

thanks guys! ♥

google "steam cache" and/or "lan cache". The easiest way is to use a docker container that is premade with the software - read up on a few of the different lan cache solutions available and maybe try more than one of them.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

steam also has solutions design for LAN centers so users can play all the games without buying them over and over again. suggest you look into this.

Regarding the networking setup needed to make it all run smoothly, you first need to examine what kind of network interface card(NIC) there is in the desktops. If they can run gigabit then yeah you should get one. Also the traffic to the cache server will be higher than the individual clients load, so you might want to explore a 10gig solution from the server to the switch and then spread it out on the network with gigabit.

9 hours ago, Glinch said:

Regarding the networking setup needed to make it all run smoothly, you first need to examine what kind of network interface card(NIC) there is in the desktops. If they can run gigabit then yeah you should get one. Also the traffic to the cache server will be higher than the individual clients load, so you might want to explore a 10gig solution from the server to the switch and then spread it out on the network with gigabit.

thanks for the help! will keep that in mind