Can't connect with ethernet

D.J.

So i got my new pc yesterday, yay; however, when I plug my ethernet cable into the extender next to my pc,  it says it can't connect. It actually says I need to re-install a driver. Nothing seems to connect the was it should and when I switch my extender to be an access point, it disconnects and doesn't reconnect to the router. (The main white cable below is the ethernet cable in question m, connected to the extender)

1553542089739-1059937849.jpg

So it says it needs to reinstall a driver. Have you tried manually installing the correct driver? Also, what extender model and what NIC in your PC?

17 minutes ago, NinJake said:

So it says it needs to reinstall a driver. Have you tried manually installing the correct driver? Also, what extender model and what NIC in your PC?

I'm going to be completely honest with you, I have no clue what a driver is or the NIC (and what that is). My extender is just a standard Netgear wall one. Also, I just got the pc and I know literally nothing 

That's fine. If you unplug the extender there may be a model number on it somewhere. As for the NIC (Network Interface Card (the place you plug ethernet in)), I'm assuming you're on windows 10 now:

Right click the start button (bottom left corner of screen on taskbar), select "device manager". When you're in device manager look for "network adapters" and expand the list.

image.png.d3e5be3166b5eeb36f90fd960af5b768.png

Right click the adapter, in my case it's an intel ethernet connection. Select properties. Go to the drivers tab and please post what the driver version is as well as what the adapter itself is showing up as.

image.png.21c1556708517e475bea3bab91948aa2.png

14 minutes ago, NinJake said:

That's fine. If you unplug the extender there may be a model number on it somewhere. As for the NIC (Network Interface Card (the place you plug ethernet in)), I'm assuming you're on windows 10 now:

Right click the start button (bottom left corner of screen on taskbar), select "device manager". When you're in device manager look for "network adapters" and expand the list.

image.png.d3e5be3166b5eeb36f90fd960af5b768.png

Right click the adapter, in my case it's an intel ethernet connection. Select properties. Go to the drivers tab and please post what the driver version is as well as what the adapter itself is showing up as.

image.png.21c1556708517e475bea3bab91948aa2.png

So I got to the first page of drop downs, but here's the thing:  also, my model for the extender is: EX6100v2

1553544795102-1699399756.jpg

You say this is a new pc. Is this a pre-built? Do you know the model of the computer itself or the motherboard model?

Otherwise, if this is windows 10... can you potentially plug this computer directly into your router/modem and run windows updates? (This should grab the appropriate driver automatically and skip all other troubleshooting.)

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

You say this is a new pc. Is this a pre-built? Do you know the model of the computer itself or the motherboard model?

Otherwise, if this is windows 10... can you potentially plug this computer directly into your router/modem and run windows updates? (This should grab the appropriate driver automatically and skip all other troubleshooting.)

Well, "new". It was my cousins and he gave it to me yesterday cause he got a new one. No i can't plug it to my router.

Well then you'll need to figure out what NIC you have, go on a separate computer and download the driver to a USB, and install the driver manually.