BSOD "store data structure corruption"

wolfmcbeard

That patronizing frowny face of doom has struck at me from the dark places, the last time I have seen Win10 BSOD was when it came out, I could never figure out what a "video TDR failure" was.
But now it's rearing it's ugly head and pulled this on me while playing BeamNG.Drive, I've gone to Dr.Google and have learned that it has something to do with memory which I figured out on my own but apparently may show a sign of an upcoming hardware failure, I don't need this as either my power supply or motherboard are already going down, Dell's " 1 2 3 4 " front panel post codes are useless at pinpointing the problem, but I can discus that upon request.
I'm more curious as to why I got this "Store Data Structure Corruption" BSOD in the first place, did Windows have a hiccup, or is it actually a sign of (another) hardware failure.
How could I verify the issue or check the system log, I know it had to have logged it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

I wish I could, but I don't have another desktop.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

That is why "Computer Repair and Services" exists - because people have no hardware for made basic diagnostics (like replacing ram or motherboard). So - you want to check what is wrong, but you have no spare hardware to check it. That makes it impossible then - you may only guessing, trying to made separate install (on second drive - if you have one) etc.

Do you have a laptop? If so, grab a SATA-to-USB cable and connect the SATA power to the desktop's PSU. 

2 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Do you have a laptop? If so, grab a SATA-to-USB cable and connect the SATA power to the desktop's PSU. 

And how he can boot from USB then? Not so good solution.

He will need something like this cable:

sthlikethat.jpg.c8d0143a291ef02ff948c638e97df8c3.jpg

(sata with male and female plug) and connect power separately.

@homeap5 The OP can boot the drive from a different PC (laptop) by changing BIOS/EFI settings if they want to. What you suggested (with the picture in your previous reply) can't be used unless the machine in question has a spare SATA port or eSATA. I'm assuming that it's a SATA (data) extension cable. Otherwise, please correct me.

If they connect SATA data to the laptop, via USB (with something like this, maybe), they can then use the desktop's PSU to power up the drive (with the cables already inside the case) while accessing the data, over USB.

As for what the OP's BSOD's are being caused by, I'll need to look more into that. A preliminary search says something about the graphics card, but I'll need to see if RAM can be involved as well:

Win10 BSOD was when it came out, I could never figure out what a "video TDR failure" was.
But now it's rearing it's ugly head and pulled this on me while playing BeamNG.Drive, I've gone to Dr.Google and have learned that it has something to do with memory

@wolfmcbeard I'll see what I can do to help :D If you don't have a laptop, there are still other options, depending on what you've done prior to this.

The thing is, if I can hook my desktop bootdrive to my laptop, there is actually a strong chance it will boot up.
The both are Dells with similar enough configs, an Optiplex 980 and a Latitude E6510.
After my dog chewed the power pack (it was unplugged fortunately) I was a klutz and dropped the lap top, I popped theLatitude's drive into me Optiplex and it booted right up.
The problem is getting a big hard drive to connect to the small slot @homeap5's sata cable would deal with half the issue, but there's still the problem of powering it, I don't have an extra psu the jumper the 24pin on.

On the note of gpu, mine is an old Radeon 6570, but the only issue with it I'm aware of is the fan bearing,

I'm an idiot, I noticed what had just occurred to me was mentioned to use my Optiplex psu for the power, doh!
On another note I might actually be getting a new pc sooner than I originally anticipated, so I do still want to keep it working to use as a stream box since it's still capable of handling what I need, my old stream box died before I went inactive on the forums and I never replaced it.

@TopHatProductions115: I was talking about boot from this drive using laptop and that cable (and external power), not just access from another pc. OP needs to know is it system or hardware issue, so booting his system using second pc can point to a problem (if system boots, he will need to focus on hardware).

Anyway, good luck.

@homeap5 I now understand your methodology a tad bit better, since you explained your reasoning. I would argue that drives over USB can still be booted (Windows-to-Go being a prime example), but SATA would be a faster option.