Save on disk space on my plex server

Donut417

Im digitizing my DVD library, or at least some of it. The file sizes are large like 7GB. I use MakeMKV to rip the disks as well as strip out extra shit. I also have handbreak, Im trying to figure out what settings to use in handbreak that will give me the lowest possible file sizes without killing quality. Keep in mind these are DVD's so like what 480p in terms of resolution. 

So I guess what I need is what settings for DVD's?

What settings for bluray, incase I upgrade to a blueray drive and decide to convert those as well? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Wanted to add that we are streaming to Fire Sticks and Roku sticks, the one Roku stick is an older model, possibly first gen, the second roku supports 4K streaming. The Fire Sticks are newer versions with in the last year or so. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

That's odd, when I used MakeMKV the DVDs were only about 4 gbs. You can compress in Handbrake a decent amount, but if you go too low you'll have noticeable compression artifacts, especially around high contrasting areas or scenes with a lot of small motion like leaves in a tree. The YouTube standards are a decent enough starting point if you want smaller file sizes over pure "quality."

#Muricaparrotgang