Jump to content

Msi

Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,

iirc it doesn't, but that 4 pin is useless unless you're doing ln2 overclocking, so don't worry about it

 

tho i would worry about a g3... it has some hefty otp and opp problems

 

and look into the aorus z390 and asrock extreme4, all have a full 12 phase over the fat 4 phase on the pro carbon

So i am getting an msi z390 gaming pro carbon ac paired with an evga 650w supernova g3 or p2 (haven't decided yet) and an evga rtx 2070 xc ultra, i have a question the mobo has an 8+4 connector does my psu have that? Or can it not power it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

iirc it doesn't, but that 4 pin is useless unless you're doing ln2 overclocking, so don't worry about it

 

tho i would worry about a g3... it has some hefty otp and opp problems

 

and look into the aorus z390 and asrock extreme4, all have a full 12 phase over the fat 4 phase on the pro carbon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You really do need that 4pin connector.

I am runing the system with only the 8 pin 5 months now, no issues at all

As @LukeSavenije said, you need that for extreme exotic OC 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HairyPotter said:

i have a question the mobo has an 8+4 connector does my psu have that?

An 8 pin EPS12V CPU power connector can supply 235 continuous watts. And you probably aren't gonna draw anything close to that. So don't worry about plugging in your optional 4 pin power connector.

1 hour ago, HairyPotter said:

z390 gaming pro carbon ac

Get something else. Maybe a Z370/390 Extreme4 or a Z370/390 Taichi.

1 hour ago, HairyPotter said:

evga 650w supernova g3 or p2 (haven't decided yet)

P2 is a lot better, although I'd get a SeaSonic Focus Gold Plus or Corsair RMx PSU instead.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Geography said:

Z370/390 Taichi.

just fyi: it's a 10+2, so a gigabyte aorus might be better at that pricepoint, tho it is a great board

 

3 minutes ago, Geography said:

SeaSonic Focus Gold Plus

 

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

seasonic prime gold

for you both: focus has problems with higher end gpu's, that's why it's cheaper. tho with a 2070 that's less of a problem

 

tho i would choose the rmx over it personally because of this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

just fyi: it's a 10+2, so a gigabyte aorus might be better at that pricepoint, tho it is a great board

 

 

for you both: focus has problems with higher end gpu's, that's why it's cheaper. tho with a 2070 that's less of a problem

 

tho i would choose the rmx over it personally because of this

even the prime series 1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

even the prime series 1?

prime gold is a old by now, tho it's less of a problem there.

 

i would still choose a rmx or whisper over it personally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

prime gold is a old by now, tho it's less of a problem there.

 

i would still choose a rmx or whisper over it personally

well i have 2 routes now either with dark rock pro 11 or RMx (if i can bought a 2080 Ti)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Oalei said:

well i have 2 routes now either with dark rock pro 11 or RMx (if i can bought a 2080 Ti)

good options

 

i'm just saying tier a+ or S here and never worry again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

iirc it doesn't, but that 4 pin is useless unless you're doing ln2 overclocking, so don't worry about it

 

tho i would worry about a g3... it has some hefty otp and opp problems

 

and look into the aorus z390 and asrock extreme4, all have a full 12 phase over the fat 4 phase on the pro carbon

So i guess i am getting a p2 and what about the mobo? I want something that is white and black (my theme) here is my part list btw, i think i need a mobo with alot of rgb connectors and fan connectors 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

So i guess i am getting a p2 and what about the mobo? I want something that is white and black (my theme) here is my part list btw, i think i need a mobo with alot of rgb connectors and fan connectors 

my suggestion:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Is the cooler good enough? I an looking to overclock quiet a bit plus i am a fan of nzxt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HairyPotter said:

Is the cooler good enough? I an looking to overclock quiet a bit

for a 8600k it is, tho for something higher a nhd15 or drp4 is a great one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

for a 8600k it is, tho for something higher a nhd15 or drp4 is a great one

What about an x52 and an nzxt case i am a fan of nzxt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HairyPotter said:

What about an x52 and an nzxt case i am a fan of nzxt

is a option, but i like the meshify is a great option tho, consider it

 

x52 is just a asetek, so it's good, but nothing special compared to most of the aio market

 

(asetek also makes for corsair and many others)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

What about an x52 and an nzxt case i am a fan of nzxt

Just change it to what you prefer for case. X52 is good too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

is a option, but i like the meshify is a great option tho, consider it

 

x52 is just a asetek, so it's good, but nothing special compared to most of the aio market

 

(asetek also makes for corsair and many others)

So the 9600k is  more worth it than the 9700k 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HairyPotter said:

So the 9600k is  more worth it than the 9700k 

no, the 9700k isn't really needed at this moment with a 2080 ti imo, because you don't really do streaming (and even then nvenc excists) and no serious work, so i think the 9600k is suitable and you shouldn't spend more on a 9700k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

So the 9600k is  more worth it than the 9700k 

And why the asrock mobo? Is it better than the msi one? Because i kinda want one thats white or black but looks good and has a decent amount of rgb/fan connectors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no, the 9700k isn't really needed at this moment with a 2080 ti imo, because you don't really do streaming (and even then nvenc excists) and no serious work, so i think the 9600k is suitable and you shouldn't spend more on a 9700k

Is that formula bitfenix psu better than the evga? And is modular necessary even?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HairyPotter said:

Is that formula bitfenix psu better than the evga? And is modular necessary even?

not than the p2, but it's qualitywise around the g2, but a little better

 

modularity is only if you want to swap cables or want easier cable management, the whisper would be a alternative for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

not than the p2, but it's qualitywise around the g2, but a little better

 

modularity is only if you want to swap cables or want easier cable management, the whisper would be a alternative for that

Sorry for the many questions but is getting the z390 taichi ultimate a good choice aswell? I really live the way that mobo looks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Sorry for the many questions but is getting the z390 taichi ultimate a good choice aswell? I really live the way that mobo looks

yeah, but it has a little worse vrms, but still on a level i could put a 9900k on it

 

tho keep in mind that the only difference between the taichi and taichi ultimate is the 10 gigabit connector

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, but it has a little worse vrms, but still on a level i could put a 9900k on it

 

tho keep in mind that the only difference between the taichi and taichi ultimate is the 10 gigabit connector

10 gigabit conmector? Lan? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×