crappy motherboard woes!

Srnewbee

my motherboard is a zotac z77 itx. possibly the worst mobo in the world. it has the worst cpu cooler compatibility on the market. I first had a thermolab bada cpu cooler. I thought it was a bad cooler so I got a corsair h100i v2. The backplate didn't quite fit due to zotac's poor design but I used it anyways. It ran pretty well for a while. Fast forward 6 months, and my computer started BSODing every other day. H100i started making some weird noise in the pump part as well. So I took the computer apart and I found out that the thermal paste became solid as a rock due to poor contact. 

I need an air cooler recommendation. Please recommend me a cooler that fits on to my god forsaken zotac z77 itx. Oh btw, if any of your guys have an asus p8z77-i, I will gladly buy it off of you.

Cheers 

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

oh btw, please recommend me an air cooler that fits inside my bit fenix prodigy. I want the largest possible air cooler so I can do some overclocking again.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Scythe Fuma, Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT probably two biggest you can have without blocking RAM or PCIe.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Scythe Fuma, Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT probably two biggest you can have without blocking RAM or PCIe.

Thanks for the response man. But my motherboard has an annoying ek backplate as well as some odd screw popping out. This really hinders cooler compatibility. Is there anyway to use the le grand without a backplate?

2 hours ago, Srnewbee said:

Thanks for the response man. But my motherboard has an annoying ek backplate as well as some odd screw popping out. This really hinders cooler compatibility. Is there anyway to use the le grand without a backplate?

No. All bigger coolers need those to be mounted tightly. You could try with zipties. But imo it might be better to just use Gammaxx 400 which is push-pin cooler. Unless you can remove both backplate and screw.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No. All bigger coolers need those to be mounted tightly. You could try with zipties. But imo it might be better to just use Gammaxx 400 which is push-pin cooler. Unless you can remove both backplate and screw.

Thanks man. Its insane how much you know. Can you reccomend me another one? 

4 hours ago, Srnewbee said:

Thanks man. Its insane how much you know. Can you reccomend me another one? 

There aren't many good ones that I know. CoolerMaster TX3 EVO is the other, but you may have hard time finding one. I'd need to check PCPP for more options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There aren't many good ones that I know. CoolerMaster TX3 EVO is the other, but you may have hard time finding one. I'd need to check PCPP for more options.

man... coolermaster is being unscrupulous. its using pcpp to check compatibility. Why does pcpp give inaccurate info about compatibility? Some coolers are compatible but it blocks the PCI-E or the backplate is not compatible with the motherboard.  How the heck can you call this compatible when it cripples your mobo?

1 hour ago, Srnewbee said:

man... coolermaster is being unscrupulous. its using pcpp to check compatibility. Why does pcpp give inaccurate info about compatibility? Some coolers are compatible but it blocks the PCI-E or the backplate is not compatible with the motherboard.  How the heck can you call this compatible when it cripples your mobo?

Don't blame manufacturer for PCPPs issues. You should always check from manufacturers site the size of cooler. Or look at pics. PCPP isn't perfect. If manufacturer doesn't give out info, its up to users to do checking. Zotac isn't popular manufacturer so it has less users checking stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv