gtx katana ,can i still find one??

just that pc guy

just wondering if i can still find a gtx katakana for my build, since i dont feel like making a hole in my case for another slot for a new card

2 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

just wondering if i can still find a gtx katakana for my build, since i dont feel like making a hole in my case for another slot for a new card

Don't even bother getting it. It overheats and throttles like crazy. I can't even find any on ebay so I'm guessing it's pretty hard to find.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

Just now, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Don't even bother getting it. It overheats and throttles like crazy. I can't even find any on ebay so I'm guessing it's pretty hard to find.

not gonna lie overheating wont be a problem only planning on doing league, i got a old optiplex 780 so it wont take much load

There's a used one on Ebay for about $450 BIN.

EDIT : looks like it only ships to Europe though.  That may be an issue depending on where you live.

Just now, just that pc guy said:

not gonna lie overheating wont be a problem only planning on doing league, i got a old optiplex 780 so it wont take much load

Yeah if you can find one. A katana isn't what you'd want in a low profile computer like that. For that you need a half height card and the only ones that are half height are low end ones like the 1030.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

1 minute ago, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Yeah if you can find one. A katana isn't what you'd want in a low profile computer like that. For that you need a half height card and the only ones that are half height are low end ones like the 1030.

hmm seems like the 1030 is my only option then, iv been hearing people say that the 1030 is the only thing i can do, but it doesnt make sense how they would make the sff have it so you can put a gtx 1050 half height in

6 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

hmm seems like the 1030 is my only option then, iv been hearing people say that the 1030 is the only thing i can do, but it doesnt make sense how they would make the sff have it so you can put a gtx 1050 half height in

Yeah it should be fine for league.

Asus GU501gm

6 minutes ago, just that pc guy said:

here are LP 1050s and 560s.