can i connect 3fan in one 4pin connector using splitter will my mobo can supply power

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

It depends on the power the fans consume.

A single header on your motherboard can typically provide 1A of current, some (usually those that say for water pump) can provide more, like 2A for example.

Look on your fans, it will say something like 12v 0.15A  ... so if you connect 3 such fans to the header, all three will consume 3 x 0.15 = 0.45A , which is less than 1A, so you'll be fine.

If they don't say a number with A at the end but say w or watts, for example 800mW (0.8w)  or 1w  , then just divide that by 12v and you get current (ex. 1w / 12v = 0.083A )

can i connect 3fan in one 4pin connector using splitter will my mobo can supply power

4 minutes ago, GoodGuyANKUR said:

yeah im using one for my gpu fans and they work fine

2 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

yeah im using one for my gpu fans and they work fine

will my mobo can supply power to 3 fans

It depends on the power the fans consume.

A single header on your motherboard can typically provide 1A of current, some (usually those that say for water pump) can provide more, like 2A for example.

Look on your fans, it will say something like 12v 0.15A  ... so if you connect 3 such fans to the header, all three will consume 3 x 0.15 = 0.45A , which is less than 1A, so you'll be fine.

If they don't say a number with A at the end but say w or watts, for example 800mW (0.8w)  or 1w  , then just divide that by 12v and you get current (ex. 1w / 12v = 0.083A )