Ethernet cable advice

sdeligar

So I'm trying to replace an ethernet cable that stopped working and I'm looking at new cables online since nobody local sell them (yay small towns) but I would appreciate some recommendations and advice. I'm trying to find at least a 100 ft or 150 ft cable. I'm also looking to future proof my setup but having trouble deciding which to buy.

The main thing is what ethernet cable brands have people hear found to be trustworthy and reliable? My main reason for asking this is because every CAT 7 cable I've looked at has reviews claim they don't actually meet CAT 7 requirements and don't want to buy a bad one.

As I said any information you can give will be appreciated.

Thank you.

home environment with future proofing you should look at cat6a. Last I herd cat7 isn't actually a standard 

is this going to be in a wall? surface mounted?

Haven't quite decided. The original line was run in the crawl space under the house but I'm debating running it around the outside tucked under some metal roofing to keep it out of the sun and weather.

if you run it outside you will need an outdoor rated cable. Myself included have run into issues with long cables ran from point a to b and just due to people walking on it, moving it around and so on has caused issues with the cable.

If possible running a few lines from were you need it now to a location in your house will prevent future issues, install this in the wall with keystone jacks. Depending on the situation it is going to take some work but worth it in the end

My house never had these, did some renos and installed jacks everywhere. Now everything that can is hardwired and also have a few AP around the house to handle wifi. Also 10gb future proof when the time comes.

comes right back to a central location were my networking equipment is, including my nas, UPS, and other equipment is.

There's only two computers in the house and one is on the same desk as the router so something like that would be a waste. Just need to replace the one ruined wire so I don't have to keep using slow wifi. The main thing is I just need advice on what brand of cabling to trust.