Best Linux Distro for Windows 10 Gaming Machine

So I decided to install Linux Mint Cinnamon on my laptop coming from Windows 10 because I was bored with it and wanted something fresh and I am absolutely loving it and I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Now that I've come over and really liked it I'm heavily considering converting my gaming machine to Linux as well but from what I've seen on gaming-oriented Distros is that they're exclusively for gaming, no extra functionality for word processing, web browsing and so forth. I know I more games on Steam run well on Linux then ever before and I can use Wine and/or PlayonLinux but I don't want to choose a Distro that hinders gaming performance.

If it helps at all my gaming rig has a Ryzen 5 2600 (stock clocks), 16GB of 3000MHz G.Skill RAM and a 1050Ti (which I intend to upgrade soon).

I am a relative newbie with Linux but I'm more than happy to do some work in the terminal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, have a good Sunday afternoon.  

Most linux distros will run games about the same performance wise, but debain based distros are normally the best supported.

Id just run mint or ubuntu or debian or any other similar distro. The gaming distros like steamos is just debian with steam preinstalled, nothing special.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Most linux distros will run games about the same performance wise, but debain based distros are normally the best supported.

Id just run mint or ubuntu or debian or any other similar distro. The gaming distros like steamos is just debian with steam preinstalled, nothing special.

I'll check out Ubuntu or Debian but since I'm somewhat used to and comfortable with Mint I'll probably use that but I'll make sure to check out other Distros.

Thank you for the advice, the Linux community has been super helpful with my transition from Windows 10.

Get Ubuntu. If you look at steam game system requirements, it will always list Ubuntu as the minium OS requirement, not any other distribution. 

Any other Linux  distros game fine and game the same as Ubuntu but I want to recommend Ubuntu because that way if you submit a support ticket in rare case your game isnt working, the support people can't just tell you to use Ubuntu instead. I had that happen to me several times when opening a ticket to feral. They just told me to install Ubuntu even though i was using Arch. 

Sudo make me a sandwich