New PC Build failing. If you figure this out I will let you...

Anonomousity
4 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

@Spotty did mention that there are problem leds by the RAM of the mobo. Have you looked at thos?

I saw that.  I didn't notice anything, but I will look quick.  About to be home for lunch. 

Just now, Anonomousity said:

I saw that.  I didn't notice anything, but I will look quick.  About to be home for lunch. 

Ok sounds good.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

5 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

This may sound stupid, but had you used a different wall plug? Just to see if it's faulty and can't draw that much electricity? Yeah that problem is really... you know, at this point it's a totally different build and still the same problem

Yes the first build was in a completely different room. I know, it's crazy. I have tried different power cables too. 

45 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Ok sounds good.

I guess my reply to this didn't post. I took a pic, albeit not a great one, but all I see is the orange right in the lower right hand on this board. I have the x470 installed atm. 

Snapchat-350954904.jpg

I did just notice however, and I didn't when I was at home. I think the "Geforce RTX" should be lit on the 2080ti. Maybe I will try my 1080ti again and see. Is it possible for some reason the video card isn't getting enough power? I mean the 2080ti uses two 8 pin connectors while the 1080ti uses an 8x6. But both cards worked in my other machine, and I have swapped PSU's.

37 minutes ago, Anonomousity said:

I did just notice however, and I didn't when I was at home. I think the "Geforce RTX" should be lit on the 2080ti. Maybe I will try my 1080ti again and see. Is it possible for some reason the video card isn't getting enough power? I mean the 2080ti uses two 8 pin connectors while the 1080ti uses an 8x6. But both cards worked in my other machine, and I have swapped PSU's.

AFAIK it should be illuminated by default, but I'm not 100% certain.

It's completely unrelated to your issue, but for a 2080ti you should be using two separate PCIe power cables coming out of the PSU - not a single cable that splits in to two. Again, completely unrelated to your issue, but still good practice for high power graphics cards.

The debug LEDs should be top right according to your manual. I think I can just make out where they are above the right memory stick in that image, but they're not illuminated so no errors.

No idea what that orange light in the bottom right is for. Check the manual for the motherboard and see what it says.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

AFAIK it should be illuminated by default, but I'm not 100% certain.

It's completely unrelated to your issue, but for a 2080ti you should be using two separate PCIe power cables coming out of the PSU - not a single cable that splits in to two. Again, completely unrelated to your issue, but still good practice for high power graphics cards.

The debug LEDs should be top right according to your manual. I think I can just make out where they are above the right memory stick in that image, but they're not illuminated so no errors.

No idea what that orange light in the bottom right is for. Check the manual for the motherboard and see what it says.

Good call, It was just temporary, as I got Custom cables from cable mods, but I didn't want those to be factored in as a possibility. So I took them out. I will look in the motherboard manual to see what that light is.

@Spotty According to the manual it looks like that light just means that the power is on. Like you said I don't think the light on the GPU would matter, I was just curious mostly if it just wasn't getting enough power for some reason, but those psu's that I used have each powered systems that are of the same caliber. The 1000 watt and 750 watt both powered my i7 6700k, with a Zalman cooler, 32GB of 3400mhz trident z, a 960 samsung evo m.2 nvme ssd, and both a 1080ti and a 2080ti, with a Asus Z170 deluxe. You know all my other components already, but it has powered them all in that build if I swap them out. So power just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Mobo.PNG.599df0fec21e21b6075ac06993175e56.PNG

That "GeForce RTX" should be lit up on the GPU.

Does your 1080Ti have any lights on it? Do those light up in the Ryzen system?

Are fans spinning in the picture you posted above, or are just the lights on?

Have you tried a different PSU on this system?

What PSUs do you have?

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery entirely?

Are you 100% sure your memory works?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

31 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That "GeForce RTX" should be lit up on the GPU.

Does your 1080Ti have any lights on it? Do those light up in the Ryzen system?

Are fans spinning in the picture you posted above, or are just the lights on?

Have you tried a different PSU on this system?

What PSUs do you have?

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery entirely?

Are you 100% sure your memory works?

Crunchy, yea the ram modules work in my other build just fine. Yes my 1080ti has lights and they come.on in the ryzen build, but will try again.  I can grab it again and try. Also I listed both psus one is a 1000w evga supernova g2 plat the other is a 750w evga Gq gold.

I did remove the cmos but didnt try booting without it. 

So I put the 2080ti in my Intel build with the 750 psu and the geforce rtx lights up

Also I have new info. The PC will not power off if I hold the power button. It will turn on with it but not off. Also if I turn it off with the psu switch and then back on it boots right away and it doesn't have the cmos in currently.