running mining rig in case

so im planning on running 3 R9 290s in a corsair carbide air530 to mine Doge and maybe peercoin. is this a bad idea?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Mining itself is probably a bad idea in the near future unless you can get a return on your investment, other than that if you've got the airflow the cards should be fine.

Mining itself is probably a bad idea in the near future unless you can get a return on your investment, other than that if you've got the airflow the cards should be fine.

everyone says its bad and they dont explain themselves. why do you think mining is bad?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

everyone says its bad and they dont explain themselves. why do you think mining is bad?

You don't profit mining with graphics cards you spend more in power, you could profit if your willing to invest 5k-10k in a dedicated mining box, but even if you do that it's still risky because prices fluctuate so much.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

You don't profit mining with graphics cards you spend more in power, you could profit if your willing to invest 5k-10k in a dedicated mining box, but even if you do that it's still risky because prices fluctuate so much.

Plus it's an extremely volatile market, one that can spiral downwards at any given time.

You can try a multipool such as Middlecoin which automatically mines the most profitable coin then converts it to Bitcoin for you.

isnt doge actually the most profitable right now?

If YOU pay for electricity. Don't bother (Main reason why GPU mining is labelled bad, COST)

If you do not pay for electricity but the person your living with does, don't be surprised when they kick you out or have a heated talk when the bills come in...

If you do not pay for electricity and your not going to impact someone else by doing this, go for it!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

so im planning on running 3 R9 290s in a corsair carbide air530 to mine Doge and maybe peercoin. is this a bad idea?

its a great idea if you have the cards/$

with the current price of doge you will break even in just 40 days

you can do your own math here http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dogecoin-mining-calculator

only on the internet something like dogecoin would be a thing :wub:

btw use pcie risers ;)

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

^^This is the reason I've still not started to mine :). F@h is good :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Basically, the only people actually making some form of considerable money are those who paid for their mining hardware or have enough cash to dump into excess to get through the "paying off debt" phase. At least, that's how I've percieved it for the last.. 2 ish months. It's done nothing but get worse because the big boom happened within that time. It went from unknown to most people > talked about a bit > tried out by many *insert AMD craze* > recommended > exploded > "casualized" > hard pretty quickly.

As you can see below, they think mining is bad and unprofitable because they have no idea what they are talking about. You really think you have to put 10K in a dedicated mining box. LOL

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

you can do your own math here http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dogecoin-mining-calculator

btw use pcie risers ;)

i break even in more than that cause im running two setups with 3 r9290s each at 5400kh/s

i break even in more than that cause im running two setups with 3 r9290s each at 5400kh/s

Basically, the only people actually making some form of considerable money are those who paid for their mining hardware or have enough cash to dump into excess to get through the "paying off debt" phase. At least, that's how I've percieved it for the last.. 2 ish months. It's done nothing but get worse because the big boom happened within that time. It went from unknown to most people > talked about a bit > tried out by many *insert AMD craze* > recommended > exploded > "casualized" > hard pretty quickly.

btw use pcie risers ;)

i was able to buy 2 setups with 3 r9 290s in each and when optimized will be running at 5400kh/s and should break even in 2 months. then i have two sick setups that costed me nothing and i can continue to mine coin on one or both and maybe game on the other!! the total was 4500$

It's bad just like any risky investment is bad.  If you already have those cards for gaming purposes then there's no reason not to do it, but if you are planning to spend that kind of money to invest in mining you should caution yourself.  Cryptocurrency is a very volatile market and very risky to invest in.  Dogecoin's value has more than quadrupled in a week and could just as easily crash tomorrow.  There is no way to know if mining will continue to be profitable.  There isn't anything to indicate that it won't but we can't predict the future.

Moral of the story: don't invest thousands in mining, unless you were going to buy the hardware for something else anyway.

As far as your case question, my 7970s ran around 88C in the closed case and taking off the side panel and pointing a fan at them brought it down to mid 70s.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo