Samsung DDR4 chips comparison. TB1/CB2

Hello, I'm looking for Samsung 8gb 2666Mhz memory RAM. I have in my local store two RAM with the same specs: 2666Mhz, DDR4 Samsug. But there is a difference in model number. There it is:

M378A1K43CB2-CRC
M378A1G43TB1-CTDD0

So as I know CB2 is C-Die chip Single Rank, and the 2nd one is T-Die (I guess?.. 'cuz Ive never seen on review on this RAM because it's relativley new) Dual Rank.

My config is Ryzen 5 2600 on ASUS TUF B450.

What should I buy? First is little more expensive, but TB1 is Dual Rank and it have nice reviews for Ryzen. What you would recommend to buy?

My Overclocking plan is frequency not a higher than 3K Mhz.

just get a standard set of 3000mhz dualchannel memmory. 

if you want samsung B-die, grab a Cl14 set or you can go with the regular cl16. 

id also highly suggest avoiding that mobo as its not great in terms of VRM, nor value.

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

just get a standard set of 3000mhz dualchannel memmory. 

if you want samsung B-die, grab a Cl14 set or you can go with the regular cl16. 

I do not want to get exact Samsung B-Die, I just heard Samsung mostly time don't have a compatibility problem.

And OEM version of RAM gives you a good deal and reason to buy.

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

id also highly suggest avoiding that mobo as its not great in terms of VRM, nor value.

Well, actually, first mobo which was on my list was ASRock B450 Pro4, but on some tech. forum exp. members adviced me this Asus TUF B450-Pro for overclocking and other stuff.

2 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

Well, actually, first mobo which was on my list was ASRock B450 Pro4, but on some tech. forum exp. members adviced me this Asus TUF B450-Pro for overclocking and other stuff.

the Pro4 board is the minimum board to buy. its a great mobo (the Pro4) but its no match for higher cost offerings. 

the TUF boards from Asus are surprisingly "meh" in terms of VRM and therefore overclocking. they arent recommended in this forum for that reason. (community team here is, atm, activly tiering motherboards).

what budget are you throwing at a board?

5 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

I do not want to get exact Samsung B-Die, I just heard Samsung mostly time don't have a compatibility problem.

And OEM version of RAM gives you a good deal and reason to buy.

any 3000mhz kit of cl16 is fine. Samsung does offer the best memmory for Zen, but its mostly due to the B-die with Cl14 latency. 

memmory compatibility has been resolved with Zen+/Ryzen 2000 to the point its honestly not a concern. 

23 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

memmory compatibility has been resolved with Zen+/Ryzen 2000 to the point its honestly not a concern. 

Ok, that's nice.

23 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

what budget are you throwing at a board?

Not more than ASUS TUF B450 offering. So I think it's in range of 80 to 130$. But I do not have plans to push processor/ram to their limits, just nice smooth hobbier overclocking. So maybe ASRock B450 Pro4 is not very bad choice for me, but its cost 90$+ in my local store.

2 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

Ok, that's nice.

3000mhz memmory is minimum however and cl14 and 15 Ram over the standard cl16 is prefferable, but not neccesary. 

5 minutes ago, LightParticle said:

Not more than ASUS TUF B450 offering. So I think it's in range of 80 to 130$.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TWzkcf/gigabyte-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming

here is a better board. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gMQG3C/gigabyte-b450-aorus-elite-atx-AM4-motherboard-b450-aorus-elite

here is at 10$ cheaper. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hNdxFT/asrock-b450m-steel-legend-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-steel-legend

here is at 20$ cheaper. 

Ok , thanks. They are nice . Really liked this Gigabyte B450 Elite , it have a reasonable price and good feedbacks. But their like.. gaming mobo's. So they are like shining and coloring, but my case is non-transparent side, and most ot the time it just will be used for home work station.