PSP/Vita And Armored Core series

wdodge0912

So I'm wanting to pick up a PSP or Vita, specifically to play Armored core games. My ps2 got stolen a whole ago, bit I've long since moved on by then, but I'm missing playing the AC series, had all the ps2 ones. 

I'm wondering which would be best to get between the PSP and Vita, and what Armored core games are there for them, like if there are any that can be played on one, but not the other, or stuff like that. 

Anyone help me out?

You can get PSP for a dirt cheap nowadays and i recommend to get the 3000 or the Go model but the vita is still a bit costly..i'd say get them both if you have the budget.

Both platform has a wide variety of good games...Harvest moon,parasite eve and disgaea series is my favorite.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

it depends if you can get a deal on PSP then go get the PSP it is but if i had to choose one of them i choose the Vita because it's better IMO because you can still get games from PSN and a lot of PSP and PS2 game already ported to PSVita but check PSN to see about the Armored Core series because i think a lot of them don't get ported to newer console

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'm the only one who played Armored Core exclusively without being interested in other games.

My fellow Raven, I can feel your loss and not be able to be an active Raven because of your console..

I sold all my gaming console and moved to PC, and I'm still sit here waiting in the last 6 years already for the next series of Armored Core after the last one back in 2013, but there's still nothing.. I've heard there will be the AC6 but I'm hoping it will come to PC, or multiplatform game..

Now I'm hooked to my other long favorited series, Monster Hunter, and the latest game that hooks me hard is World of Tanks, just because there's no Armored Core for too long..

As for handheld consoles, I'm not sure if there is one of AC series for them, or did I missed one?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

I'd get a vita. It can run a lot of psp games. Tho i'm not sure if that game is available on PSN. You can also set custom key mapping depending on the game you want. psvitas will start dropping in price soon enough tho im not seeing the same thing with the memory cards they use. I'd advise you get the slim, cuz while the older vita had a better screen, the cable for it was proprietary while the slim only uses micro usb which everyone has at this point

• 3 months later...

I have 3 psps still and friggin love them.

*NOTE - the batteries are old AF now and will probably not hold a charge or last very long. You can find cheap replacements but your best bet is finding a cell from a reputable manufacturer and dealer such as samsung and mouser/digikey and replacing it your self or have someone do it for you.

modded 3000 w/internal battery/UMD delete and a 32gb micro sd and a CFW (pawn shop 60$ with 10 UMD's of my choice)

Psp 1001 (fat) my baby.. un-molested, CFW, only play emulators and UMDs on this one ($20 from a friend)

Psp go the newest addition, while the resolution is a bit higher the screen is also smaller, the whole device is tiny making some thing hard to do (eg some missions in games that require button combo accuracy)

Ps vita, still want one.. dual joysticks would be nice and i still think its a better option than the switch.