XFX R7 260x crashing on Windows 8.1

Ahsan

Hi I am having trouble with running the card on windows 8.1.

If i install windows 7 will the problem be fixed? How can I fix my issue

I have a 750k cpu

MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

4 GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz ram

1tb WD hdd

430watt corsair psu

Please help! thnx

Processor- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz. Motherboard- MSI Socket FM2 FM2-A75MA-E35. GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB GDDR5. RAM-  4GB Corsair Vengeance. Storage- 750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD. PSU- Corsair CX500. Case- Rosewill Line-M MiniATX.

Dell Inspiron N5110 intel i5

We need more details. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you updated your BIOS? Going back to windows 7 will probably not fix your problem. What have you tried already?

I would install the latest stable driver if you are using a beta one right now. Windows 8.1 shouldn't be the problem imo.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Uninstall amd drivers instructions: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would install the latest stable driver if you are using a beta one right now. Windows 8.1 shouldn't be the problem imo.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Uninstall amd drivers instructions: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

Thanks I will try this as soon as possible

Processor- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz. Motherboard- MSI Socket FM2 FM2-A75MA-E35. GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB GDDR5. RAM-  4GB Corsair Vengeance. Storage- 750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD. PSU- Corsair CX500. Case- Rosewill Line-M MiniATX.

Did you install the driver for it?

I installed what drivers was available in the drivers disk which came with it

I installed what drivers was available in the drivers disk which came with it

You need to download the latest drivers from AMD's website.

You need to download the latest drivers from AMD's website.

I have tried downloading from Sapphire website. Although they say it fully supports win8/8.1

a2ecb033f7ceaa3a82b2f316f55914c0.png

Never grab the third-party drivers. Always grab from Nvidia/AMD website.

Link: AMD Drivers Download Page

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Never grab the third-party drivers. Always grab from Nvidia/AMD website.

Link: AMD Drivers Download Page

I downloaded and installed. same problem

I will unistall and reinstall the graphics card

I downloaded and installed. same problem

I will unistall and reinstall the graphics card

What do you mean by crashing (driver crashes in windows or games/applications crashing)? Have you tried other games to see if it crashes and what kind of errors pop up?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It's okay Im going back to best buy and exchanging the card. I'll just probably end up picking up and nvidia card.

thanks to everyone who replied