FREE Game

Paul Rudd

Slime Rancher is FREE over at the EPIC Games store right now.

Now for the actual reason I made this topic...

Oxenfree will be the next FREE game at the EPIC Games store.

This is a big "uh oh" in my book. A "no they didn't" sign. After they've actually lived up to their name of releasing EPIC deals, they go and do something like this. BIG mistake EPIC, BIG mistake. Sure Oxenfree is indeed an excellent game, don't get me wrong on that. It's the fact that you are starting to release games that have been given free elsewhere. Slime Rancher was once free on Xbox Live. Oxenfree not only was free on Xbox Live, it was given free from multiple deal websites, including GOG. Seems to me EPIC is starting to make the wrong moves with the wrong people. That's not a good sign of what's to come, all I'm saying. Before you know it, we will be seeing multiple games that have already been given out for free. NOT... GOOD... EPIC.

What do you guys think? Are they doing what we knew they would do from the get-go? Are they starting to make moves with the wrong people? Or are Oxenfree and Slime Rancher coincidently great "random" games they "just so happened" to choose as their free games of the month?

Thanks for sharing this so we can get some free games. I do agree though it is a bit weird.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 14TB combined HDD | macOS 14 Ventura, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 16.5 with Dopamine 2 + Trollstore 2

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

50 minutes ago, josbeph83 said:

Thanks for sharing this so we can get some free games. I do agree though it is a bit weird.

Welcome. Hopefully it's just a coincidence.

10 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Slime Rancher is FREE over at the EPIC Games store right now.

Now for the actual reason I made this topic...

Oxenfree will be the next FREE game at the EPIC Games store.

This is a big "uh oh" in my book. A "no they didn't" sign. After they've actually lived up to their name of releasing EPIC deals, they go and do something like this. BIG mistake EPIC, BIG mistake. Sure Oxenfree is indeed an excellent game, don't get me wrong on that. It's the fact that you are starting to release games that have been given free elsewhere. Slime Rancher was once free on Xbox Live. Oxenfree not only was free on Xbox Live, it was given free from multiple deal websites, including GOG. Seems to me EPIC is starting to make the wrong moves with the wrong people. That's not a good sign of what's to come, all I'm saying. Before you know it, we will be seeing multiple games that have already been given out for free. NOT... GOOD... EPIC.

What do you guys think? Are they doing what we knew they would do from the get-go? Are they starting to make moves with the wrong people? Or are Oxenfree and Slime Rancher coincidently great "random" games they "just so happened" to choose as their free games of the month?

I mean..? Free games. It's probably easier to get free deals with those developers I guess.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

1 hour ago, food158 said:

I mean..? Free games. It's probably easier to get free deals with those developers I guess.

Not sure what you mean.

I don't care for Slime Rancher, but Oxenfree is a decent game, and as far as I know they aren't competing with Xbox Live so...?

On the other hand, I don't care about Slime Rancher and already own Oxenfree, so I'll put it up for debate until I see what the next deal is. Even if they do send out games that have been free before I don't see it as an issue. I doubt they'll ever do anything above indie games though.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I doubt they'll ever do anything above indie games though.

I've been enjoying more Indie games the past few years than whatever the other games are. With the exception of GTA 5. Been putting in hundreds of hours on it in 2019.