I'm fairly new!

Hello there!

My name is Marcus, I am 19 years old and I've always enjoyed gaming. But! however I've never really had a gaming rig in my thoughts until now! 

I am just about to buy my first gaming computer which is being built by a local company. 

The specs are:

I9-9900K 
Asus Z370-P Prime

16GB Corsair Vengaence 16GB DDR4-3000 XMP RAM

Intel 660P 512GB SSD NVMe M.2 Solid State

Asus GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6

Corsair VS650 650W

High Definition ALC887 Audio

anything I should consider upgrading and/or change out? 

Best Regards
Marcus

Best Regards 

Marcus Christensen

-------

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips.

-------

I'd go with this motherboard, and you might be able to save a bit of cash by going with slower RAM because Intel chips really don't care.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Solid specs, but if you're solely focused on gaming, you can take the i9 down to an i7, maybe an 8700k, and a Z370 board will work just fine, and the NVMe drive can be taken down to SATA. Then, you might have room for a 2080 ti. If you don't have the room to customize that much, then your config is fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

23 minutes ago, MarcusDevo said:

Hello there!

My name is Marcus, I am 19 years old and I've always enjoyed gaming. But! however I've never really had a gaming rig in my thoughts until now! 

I am just about to buy my first gaming computer which is being built by a local company. 

The specs are:

I9-9900K 
Asus Z370-P Prime

16GB Corsair Vengaence 16GB DDR4-3000 XMP RAM

Intel 660P 512GB SSD NVMe M.2 Solid State

Asus GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6

Corsair VS650 650W

High Definition ALC887 Audio

anything I should consider upgrading and/or change out? 

Best Regards
Marcus

As mentioned swap out the board and psu. The Corsair VS shouldn't be anywhere near a system like that.

If you are just gaming then an 8700K or 9700k would do fine.

Gigabyte Z390 boards > Asus Z390. Any of the Aorus range would be better than anything Asus (Apart from the high end ones).

For the psu have a look at the psu tier list and see what is available to you. Stick with something on T1 or T2.

Also what cpu cooler is being installed ?

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

As mentioned swap out the board and psu. The Corsair VS shouldn't be anywhere near a system like that.

If you are just gaming then an 8700K or 9700k would do fine.

Gigabyte Z390 boards > Asus Z390. Any of the Aorus range would be better than anything Asus (Apart from the high end ones).

For the psu have a look at the psu tier list and see what is available to you. Stick with something one T1 or T2.

Also what cpu cooler is being installed ?

The stock one is a Thermalright Macho

Best Regards 

Marcus Christensen

-------

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips.

-------

Just now, MarcusDevo said:

The stock one is a Thermalright Macho

That's fairly good, do you know which macho it is?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

That's fairly good, do you know which macho it is?

Pretty sure they said Rev. B or something like that? hmm

Best Regards 

Marcus Christensen

-------

-------

1 minute ago, MarcusDevo said:

Pretty sure they said Rev. B or something like that? hmm

The rev. B is nice and large, it'll do the job and then some.

http://www.thermalright.de/en/cooler/42/macho-rev.-b

Primary PC:

Yeah that cooler should be fine.

What do people think about this one posted by Luke?

Best Regards 

Marcus Christensen

-------

-------

27 minutes ago, MarcusDevo said:

It's sold for gaming, looks to deliver what you wanted for a lot less (assuming streaming is not a priority for you)

Primary PC:

27 minutes ago, MarcusDevo said:

Looks good. (And wow, 16GB of RAM for $80! That stuff was so expensive for a while, great to see prices down)

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

If it was Me I would stick with an i7 or the i9 if it fits your budget without impacting other areas. The 8700K or 9700K are better value though if you are purely gaming.

As for the i5 you should read Gamers Nexus review, and especially look at Far Cry 5 results/performance if you play that game. 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3407-intel-i5-9600k-cpu-review-vs-2700-2600-8700k