Windows key

jrhd13

If I use this to retrieve my Windows key do I then have the key.

ProduKey tool.  My pc didn't come with a sticker. Its a dell pc brought second hand. As my previous topics are about upgrading my current pc ony 2 things I'm keeping from my current setup is cpu and hdd with windows installed on it.

if you are changing that much. you should reinstall the OS. link the old key to a ms account by logging in, but since it is an OEM system it is unlikely it will accept the new System you are putting it on. 

also get an SSD to put the OS on. because windows on HDDs is way to slow

5 minutes ago, jrhd13 said:

ProduKey tool.  My pc didn't come with a sticker. Its a dell pc brought second hand. As my previous topics are about upgrading my current pc ony 2 things I'm keeping from my current setup is cpu and hdd with windows installed on it.

Windows 8 and 10 product keys are stored on the UEFI chip. Regardless, these licenses are locked in with the system motherboard and are not transferable.

24 minutes ago, jrhd13 said:

ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007), Windows (Including Windows 8/7/Vista), ....what windows do you have? is the windows key original? Anyhow even if you find the key you will have to reactivate it by phone propably. So it better be 1st original and second windows 10 cause the older ones always made me mad about a thing or two that could go wrong. All depends of how you got and what key this one is!

I've just checked my pc and found the key but its different to the one I pulled from my pc. I've got windows 10 pro

Does this mean its been reinstalled with windows 10?