NEED HELP lol

Go to solution Solved by ScionRay,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your replies:  Think I'm going to take that Gateway FX and keep that pny gtx 680 and the 12gb of ram, my Cooler Master psu, and SSD's, and HDD's and sell off everything else and make me a nicer system for around a 1,000 dollars.  I like all your builds but feel like something was missing. taking ideas from your suggestions I found with a little tweak here and there for things or color coordination or a case upgrade. I found around the 800 to 1,000 dollar mark I was happy. So thank you guys again love this forum.  

Hello I'm wanting to build a new system right now and trying not to wait.  I have an older system which was fine for last gen games, but as I see now trying to play battle field 4 on high settings is just not going to cut it. I can play on low to med setting but after playing other games on high to ultra high setting on a my Sony HD TV 40" at 120hz 1920x1080p  I can't go back.  I was ok with settling for Crysis 3 at medium settings but when a newer APU can play BF4 at medium settings at 1080p then I was just like I want to upgrade plus I was trying to get into light video editing just for home movies and stuff as for fun but OMG my system is just so slow.  

ok this is what I already have but I only have a 600 dollar limit right now trying to wait to see what is left over after taxes ( had life problems take away what I was going to use for my upgrade)  I'm hoping to have a little more but that is what I have right now. Also I have some computer parts that I can use in this new build. 

Here are the parts I have already 

Adata sp 256 ssd (new)

HIS 7870 2gb GHZ Edition (new) 

Cooler Master 750 watt psu (new)

and 600 dollar budget for the rest.  

Please any advice.  I have been looking on ebay and craigslist, and not sure what to put together I have found all in one systems with 2nd gen i7 2600k's and some 1st Gen i7 6 cores? for around my budget but someone told me that I should just build a new gen system?  So I'm turning to you guys for better advise, again I'm looking into gaming and light video editing for family and hobby not for professional use, just birthday parties and family holidays. plus photoshop use.  What can you guys help me figure out? 

Here is my current rig:

GateWay LX 610 

OEM mobo

Windows 7 pro x64

Intel core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.40ghz 

8gb DDR2 800 mhz cl 4

Adat sp 256 ssd

600gb WD blu 7200rpm

1tb WD blu 7200rpm

1tb WD black 7200rpm

3 tb WD black 7200rpm

HIS 7870 2gb GHZ Edition 

USB 3.0 pci e add on 

Cooler Master 750 watt psu

Thank you for any help :)

update:  Looking for a good mobo, processor ( please show but Intel and AMD if possible ), Ram , and Case.  Thanks 

Edited by ScionRay

Mh your Graphics card is not too terrible, I would get a 8320 with 8GB DDR3 RAM and a solid MoBo.

Probably would do the job just fine.

Reuse your HDD's as well.

Edit: Something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uI9d

I would Probably just buy these parts and reuse your grahpics card, HDD's, SSD. Do you need a new case?

If you still feel like you are getting bad performance, get something like an R9 280x/gtx 770 afterwards

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

CPU- amd 6300; great for the price and does really well http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286

MOBO- MSI 970A AM3+; really nice mobo for ocing and uefi is nice for the pricehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130637

Any 8gb kit of ram should be fine

Try to pair the 6300 with a nice cpu cooler as it runs a little hot

any you should probably try to sell ur 7870 to a miner and buy a 770/280x

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($134.99 @ TigerDirect) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($119.99 @ NCIX US) 

Memory:  G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($76.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $475.93

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-19 01:51 EST-0500)

Mh your Graphics card is not too terrible, I would get a 8320 with 8GB DDR3 RAM and a solid MoBo.

Probably would do the job just fine.

Reuse your HDD's as well.

Edit: Something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/uI9d

I would Probably just buy these parts and reuse your grahpics card, HDD's, SSD. Do you need a new case?

If you still feel like you are getting bad performance, get something like an R9 280x/gtx 770 afterwards

My Graphics card is new that's why I put new on it, they were having a good deal and I was going to run them in cross fire and same with the ssds they were all on a good deal before Christmas.  I figured if I wanted to I could always pull my one 7870 out of my current rig and put back my XFX HD 6870 DD 1gb edition and use it just for a home media pc.  With the LX it has 2 hot swap bays up front so yeah I can use those in my new rig.  I would like to get some WD Reds in the future. thanks for the info I will look into it. but yes I am looking for a case too,  

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey guys been looking at all your builds and I'm liking things about all of them. Still not sure why I'm having such a hard time figuring out which system build I should go with?  

Anyway some one sent me this and wanted to know what you guys think? 

What do you guys think of this system?  

GateWay FX

OEM mobo

i7 920 @ 2.9ghz

12gb Corsair DDR3 1600

2tb WD blu 7200

GTX 680 2gb Pny edition

850 kentek psu

( also giving me hd 4850, wireless keyboard and mouse, 19 gateway flat panel monitor ) all for 500?  

Hey guys been looking at all your builds and I'm liking things about all of them. Still not sure why I'm having such a hard time figuring out which system build I should go with?  

Anyway some one sent me this and wanted to know what you guys think? 

What do you guys think of this system?  

GateWay FX

OEM mobo

i7 920 @ 2.9ghz

12gb Corsair DDR3 1600

2tb WD blu 7200

GTX 680 2gb Pny edition

850 kentek psu

( also giving me hd 4850, wireless keyboard and mouse, 19 gateway flat panel monitor ) all for 500?  

That looks like a decent deal. The 680 alone is worth ~$300.

I'd throw the kentek psu into a fire though and just use the one you bought.

It's slightly worse than the builds with the 8320's suggested on the cpu/mobo side if you're wondering.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That looks like a decent deal. The 680 alone is worth ~$300.

I'd throw the kentek psu into a fire though and just use the one you bought.

It's slightly worse than the builds with the 8320's suggested on the cpu/mobo side if you're wondering.

I know just looked up the cost for the 12gb or ram and the gtx 680 and that is the more than 500 dollars alone, and yeah that psu is scary not good? well all the reviews I found on Amazon make me wonder why he even put it in his system. But he did say I can come by and play BF4 on it says he can run it on high settings at 1080p with no problems on single or multiplayer games. So looking forward to seeing that. Thanks for all the help. 

I just wanted to thank all of you for your replies:  Think I'm going to take that Gateway FX and keep that pny gtx 680 and the 12gb of ram, my Cooler Master psu, and SSD's, and HDD's and sell off everything else and make me a nicer system for around a 1,000 dollars.  I like all your builds but feel like something was missing. taking ideas from your suggestions I found with a little tweak here and there for things or color coordination or a case upgrade. I found around the 800 to 1,000 dollar mark I was happy. So thank you guys again love this forum.