New first time build

maruchancowboy

Hello, I'm new to the forums :unsure:  and just want to share my new build that I'm going to be making in the next week or two. I'm building a computer solely for gaming. I also want to go with a black and green theme. Here are the components I went with:

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 gunmetal black

Mobo: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti GHz Edition

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2133MHz

Storage: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 480GB SSD

WD Black 1TB HDD

Display: ASUS VG248QE 24" LCD with Nvidia G-Sync DIY Kit

Keyboard: Rosewill Helios MX Brown Keyboard

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 black

Optical Drive: ASUS Blu-ray burner BW-16D1HT

Cooling: Corsair H100i

2x Corsair SP120 PWM High Performance Fans

4x Corsair AF120 Performance Fans

2x Gelid Wing 12 PL 120mm green LED Fans

Extras: Corsair green sleeved cables

Will post pics when I receive the parts!  :D

UPDATE: Just ordered a smoked side window for the C70 case to replace the fan grill window! Also, I just ordered green SATA cables!!!

gallery_53102_884_155172.jpg

gallery_53102_884_249644.jpg

Thanks! My goal is to overclock the CPU to anywhere between 4.4 to 4.6GHz!

Similar to mine, but why the 1200w PSU. And Welcome

That's a beast PC

Welcome as well.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Looks like a good build, the psu is overkill though...unless your gonna tri-sli lol.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Hello, I'm new to the forums :unsure:  and just want to share my new build that I'm going to be making in the next week or two. I'm building a computer solely for gaming. I also want to go with a black and green theme. Here are the components I went with:

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 gunmetal black

Mobo: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti GHz Edition

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2133MHz

Storage: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 480GB SSD

Display: ASUS VG248QE 24" LCD with Nvidia G-Sync DIY Kit

Keyboard: Rosewill Helios MX Brown Keyboard

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 black

Optical Drive: ASUS Blu-ray burner BW-16D1HT

Cooling: Corsair H100i

2x Corsair SP120 PWM High Performance Fans

4x Corsair AF120 Performance Fans

2x Gelid Wing 12 PL 120mm green LED Fans

Extras: Corsair green sleeved cables

Will post pics when I receive the parts!  :D

PS: I want to paint the rings on the fans a neon green color to match my theme, but not sure what type of paint to buy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Good, but you wasted all that money on that PSU. You could have gone with the AX860i.

Thanks! I only had enough money for these parts but I'm going to be adding another 780 Ti for SLI and 2 more SSD's later. Thats why I went with the 1200watt PSU. I was told its good to have more power than you need because the PSU doesnt run as hard. Is that true?

Good, but you wasted all that money on that PSU. You could have gone with the AX860i.

I got the PSU for a $100 dollars off the original price at least. lol

i swear im going insane after saying this 1000nds of times but unless your going to be doing allot of editing get a 4670k it will fit in your mobo and is better for gaming 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I got the PSU for a $100 dollars off the original price at least. lol

Where did you get it $100 off? That's fine if you plan on upgrading a lot of stuff.

Thanks! I only had enough money for these parts but I'm going to be adding another 780 Ti for SLI and 2 more SSD's later. Thats why I went with the 1200watt PSU. I was told its good to have more power than you need because the PSU doesnt run as hard. Is that true?

Yes, that's true.

NCIX is offering it for only $309.99 rather than the $399.99 it used to be at newegg. But you know how it is. The price always goes up and down on PC parts. I used PCPartPicker to find the best deals.

Hmm well a ax1200i is really overkill but since you already got it there's nothing you can do, tbh the ax860i would of been sufficient enough for upgrade-ability. 

Also you say your going to be using it solely for gaming, so why not save your self abit of money and get a i5 4670k as in gaming there.s no differences.

In regards to painting the corsair fan rings, everyone that has done it has uses plastidip so that's what you would need to paint them.

Other than that everything looks good.

Hmm well a ax1200i is really overkill but since you already got it there's nothing you can do, tbh the ax860i would of been sufficient enough for upgrade-ability. 

Also you say your going to be using it solely for gaming, so why not save your self abit of money and get a i5 4670k as in gaming there.s no differences.

In regards to painting the corsair fan rings, everyone that has done it has uses plastidip so that's what you would need to paint them.

Other than that everything looks good.

Thanks for the info! I gotta look up that plastidip stuff

Should have went with the Vengeance LP that are the green that match the mobo..other than that beastly build dude!

yeah that would be the best choise. Can even save him some money if he takes the 1600 MHz version, wich is more then enough for gaming. To bad they only have that green collor in LP RAM.

Should have went with the Vengeance LP that are the green that match the mobo..other than that beastly build dude!

Yeah... I thought about that but I wanted to overclock the ram to 2133MHz. Thank you for the compliment though!!!

Gotta love getting the knock on the door & laying out all the goodies ay dem feelz xD the best ...

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Gotta love getting the knock on the door & laying out all the goodies ay dem feelz xD the best ...

I do! I was like a kid on X-Mas! hahaha

01/23/14 - Just got done spray painting some things and just got my new desk and my new G-Sync module in!

gallery_53102_884_256017.jpg

gallery_53102_884_92961.jpg