What kind of ram to put in Lenovo Legion Y720?

Adjo

My model has 8GB of ram, but I need 16 cause I'm gonna start studying. What sort of model does it use? Could I perhaps buy something similar to it or should I completely replace them?

Edit: It looks like I've come to this. Is it a bad idea to pair it up with another 8GB stick? I use this website in my country, let me know what you think?

https://www.komplett.no/category/11209/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/minnebrikker?nlevel=10000§28003§11209&cnet=Teknologi_A00056 §DDR4 SDRAM&cnet=Minnespesifikasjonkrav_A02004 §PC4-19200&cnet=Produktformfaktor_A00061 §SO DIMM 260-pin&sort=Price%3AASCENDING

hey,

since this is a GAMING laptop I'm gonna assume that it has 2 sodimm slots with only one currently filled.

I looked it up (1min google) and your laptop has ddr4 2400mhz ram. that's all you need.

just get another module of ddr4 2400mhz ram (sodimm) and you're good to go.

based on your post it seems like you might have been considering replacing your existing 8gig module with a single 16gig module, let me tell you something... stop wasting memory and your money. go get another memory module since one of your slot is free as I told.

ps: get a good branded one, reply if you want to confirm before buying the memory if you're unsure if it's right.

9 hours ago, DankSepticeye said:

hey,

since this is a GAMING laptop I'm gonna assume that it has 2 sodimm slots with only one currently filled.

I looked it up (1min google) and your laptop has ddr4 2400mhz ram. that's all you need.

just get another module of ddr4 2400mhz ram (sodimm) and you're good to go.

based on your post it seems like you might have been considering replacing your existing 8gig module with a single 16gig module, let me tell you something... stop wasting memory and your money. go get another memory module since one of your slot is free as I told.

ps: get a good branded one, reply if you want to confirm before buying the memory if you're unsure if it's right.

Never considered going for a single 16GB one. So basically, as long as its DDR4 and fits in and is 2400mhz, it should be good no matter what the brand is?