S10 software

i planning to buy new phone this year, either S10 or iphone (Xs or wait the new one)

which one should I buy? i love feature on S10, but android software as long as i know is suck, is it still suck on S10? like my friend's note 8 experiencing until now "bixby has stop" repeatedly even without open bixby itself

i'm gonna use it for long time, like I'm still using iphone 6 since it launched and it actually works fine, some hardware problem like mic and touchscreen, sometimes. but still it's a good experience. 

2 minutes ago, DarkMaleficus said:

but android software as long as i know is suck,

have you ever used android before?

you can disable ANY features on it if you want to

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

have you ever used android before?

you can disable ANY features on it if you want to

i'm, my other family members use it too, S8, note8, note 5, S7 etc

and sometimes I really have hard time when help their phone's problem

but my really concern is the software performance going to perform well for around 4 years? (my average time for change phone) 

since as long as i know it's going to have a lot force stop, freezing, etc in second year

plus we know app optimize better on iphone

thoughts? 

Samsungs new 'One UI' imo looks great and apparently runs really nice. Go back 4 years to the S6 (even the S5 )that is still a very usable phone today so I think you'll be fine. 

Although my recommendation, in general, is never to rely on a phone lasting 4 years. Maybe buy a phone that is half the price of the S10 and replace it after 2 years

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 minutes ago, Rupe said:

Samsungs new 'One UI' imo looks great and apparently runs really nice. Go back 4 years to the S6 (even the S5 )that is still a very usable phone today so I think you'll be fine. 

Although my recommendation, in general, is never to rely on a phone lasting 4 years. Maybe buy a phone that is half the price of the S10 and replace it after 2 years

i see

Noone knows yet, if OneUI will perform just as it does today in 3-4 years.

The Previous UI, "Samsung Experience", did suffer from some lagging after 1-2 years. My S7 Edge started doing that after around 1.5 years. Now my GF uses it, it's 3 years now, she's perfectly happy with it. But she had a much older midrange phone so... Of course it was a huge step up.

Either you try it out, or you get a Oneplus - most people claim theirs runs like on the first day even after 2-3+ years.

Or.. You get an iPhone. Then you will still get updates after 2-3 years.

If you plan switching into iOS and giving up on features, customisation, etc...then go for it, if not Galaxy S10 is a solid choise, because One UI does indeed offer a lot and I bet it'll last fine for about 3 years or so. 

My father had a Galaxy A3, which he used for 4 years, and it still runs fine aside from the degraded battery. Yes, it's slower (it feels like that way), but it does things fine, so getting an S10, would be a good choice, especially going for the 8GB RAM Variant.