GTX 2070 Laptop (Broke or any issue)?

jaydeltaa

As u can see, this curve is weird at best. I mean how can my laptop have such HIGH Core speed? No way... can it be because it was Metal Liquid (by the store)?!

It's GPU boost. It takes advantage of the available thermal envelope. 

But dude. Liquid metal in a laptop is a bad idea. Linus said so himself on a wan show recently - liquid metal has no surface tension and will seep out to fry all your shit. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1 hour ago, SwagMaestro said:

It's GPU boost. It takes advantage of the available thermal envelope. 

But dude. Liquid metal in a laptop is a bad idea. Linus said so himself on a wan show recently - liquid metal has no surface tension and will seep out to fry all your shit. 

It was done by the store, so... ?  they didn´t advice any of it and even mostly reviews of this laptop come with it :I

So u are saying since I have low temps, it takes my GPU to almost 2100MHz (usualy its at 1800MHz) speed?!

MSI told me I could use liquid thermal, once good applyed there are no worrys :S kinda affraid now that u are saying that.

Every reviewer has his opinion sure, I read once another saying its a bad Idea. But again, others says something diferente.

33 minutes ago, jaydeltaa said:

It was done by the store, so... ?  they didn´t advice any of it and even mostly reviews of this laptop come with it :I

So u are saying since I have low temps, it takes my GPU to almost 2100MHz (usualy its at 1800MHz) speed?!

MSI told me I could use liquid thermal, once good applyed there are no worrys :S kinda affraid now that u are saying that.

Every reviewer has his opinion sure, I read once another saying its a bad Idea. But again, others says something diferente.

About GPU boost: yup. If I wanted to give it a fancy sensationalist term, I'd say "your GPU self overclocks". It's pretty normal. You're good. 

About liquid metal: I'm just relaying what Linus said, and of course I'm not blaming you or anything. It does work and the performance difference is noticable. Does the warranty cover liquid metal seepage and damage? If so, don't worry about it. 

Personally, I'd be worried about bricking an expensive PC.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke