Ethernet Power line Surge protection?

So I'm wanting to run Ethernet to both my desktop and my switch. Problem is my room is nowhere near the router in our house so I need to do it through the power line. It seems easy enough but I'm just worried about surges and what they could do to my either my computer or what it could do to my switch. The only options I've seen so far would mean losing some connection speed and also buying two extra surge protectors per cable. I was wondering if there are any solutions to this or if I should even be worrying about surges with Ethernet through power line. Any input is much appreciated (side note I intend to use a TP-Link power line adapter for the connection.)

5 minutes ago, Arron said:

but I'm just worried about surges and what they could do to my either my computer or what it could do to my switch

is your house not grounded to earth?

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

is your house not grounded to earth?

...I take it that means I shouldn't worry?

I understand your concern, and generally recommend that every device in any type of house is connected to surge protection. However powerline adaptors work by using high frequency signals on the AC line, and these are almost exactly what surge protectors filter out. Modern surge protectors aren’t just designed for large peaks, but also general noise on the line. So the powerline adaptor itself needs to be connected without any surge protection. To protect everything else, I recommend at least buying a surge strip that has RJ45 builtin. The next step up would be surge protectors specifically designed for ethernet.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: