Pc crashes in game

BrandBeanie

Basically, when I play games, for a 2-3 hours its fine but then I freezes and won't respond. Reboot it and few minutes after it crashes again. Any ideas?

1) Is the likelihood of crashing more for a particular game?  Some games have known crash issues.
2) Are your drivers up to date?

3) Is there anything log-wise around the times of your crashes?  Crash dumps, event logs, etc.?

4) Is this a new computer build or something that's been running without issue for a long time?  If an old build, have their been any recent changes to hardware, software, OS updates, etc.?

2 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

1) Is the likelihood of crashing more for a particular game?  Some games have known crash issues.
2) Are your drivers up to date?

3) Is there anything log-wise around the times of your crashes?  Crash dumps, event logs, etc.?

4) Is this a new computer build or something that's been running without issue for a long time?  If an old build, have their been any recent changes to hardware, software, OS updates, etc.?

Fortnite, since the new season (I am wondering if it is only the game)

Yes, they are

Doesn't seem to be any crash logs

Build 6 month old cpu changed 20 days ago but it didnt have any proplems like this before

3 minutes ago, BrandBeanie said:

Fortnite, since the new season (I am wondering if it is only the game)

Yes, they are

Doesn't seem to be any crash logs

Build 6 month old cpu changed 20 days ago but it didnt have any proplems like this before

Based on your answers you might want to do a bit more discovery and exploration of the problem.  Try a couple different games for a while to see if extended play generates the same issues.  For example, I've got a problem with Sniper Elite 4 and the Windows version of Gears of War 4 playing on my system with hard crashing at certain points necessitating a reboot, but they both have known and reported issues regarding hard crashes with certain configuration.  It's a reset and go sort of thing.  No issues with other software or games.  I haven't heard of any other reports on Fortnite though with hard crashes.

Maybe also ask in the PC gaming subforum if anyone else has experienced hard crashes since the new season of Fortnite.  You could also do a query via Google (or search engine of your choice) for Fortnite season X crashes (I have no idea what season they're on, I don't do battle royale stuff).

The problem could also be heat related.  Have you considered removing and replacing the thermal paste on your cpu?